Dear Merging Customers,
The Merging Technologies Development Team is pleased to announce the HotFix release of Pyramix 7.1.9, VCube 3.1.9 and Ovation 3.0.9Important: The Pyramix 7.1.9 HotFix version contains only the following fixes HotFix Bugs resolved:
• MT4772: Fixed. Digital Release: if CD Image or Digital release filename and or location are not specified, eventual album publishing will not be performed
• MT4727: Fixed. Auto Center on Goto not working if PMX is 9 pin slave
• MT4724: Fixed. Project: Save Special as v5.1 not working with some projects
• MT4712: Fixed. Record in Dubbing mode potential crash
• MT4674: Fixed. Workspace parameters will reset after a Delete track/undo
• MT4692: Fixed. Libraries: snapshot should automatically activate rename at drop
• MT4694: Fixed. Pyramix Waveforms generation for DSDIFF while recording faulty
• MT4615: Fixed. DiscWrite : CDText changes are not saved
• MT4328: Fixed. Pyramix crash with EuCon controller if network is disconnected
• MT4662: Fixed. SACD Disc Builder crash after verification The VCube 3.1.9 HotFix version contains only the following fixes HotFix Bugs resolved:
• MT4695: Fixed. VCube: Level Magic update, fixing the 'evaluation period' issue
• MT4729: Fixed. Jog / Varispeed Aja video output fluidity improved by setting Maximum Scrub Speed to 0%
• MT4715: MXF: Frame size could be incorrect in some rare cases when wrapping D-10
• MT4715: Fixed. MXF: report error when writing of AES3 audio for D-10 failed
• MT4721: Fixed. Machine control: Autoedit command does not work with some VTR The Ovation 3.0.9 HotFix version contains only the following fixes HotFix Bugs resolved:
• MT4731 Fixed. Ovation: Active Cue Window without Timecode scale on some projects.
- Please note that these 3 versions require a new set of keys (since v7.1) and that only Ovation is a paid upgrade.
- Do not install these versions before you have received the new required keys for your system(s). Please contact your Merging Sales Partner for further questions.
- The reason for these new keys is that we have modified the security scheme.Pyramix v7.1 Official Release
This new version includes some new features, but mostly improvements and bug fixes. New keys are required, but they are available to Pyramix 7.0 users free of charge.
This version also adds Pyramix Native support under Windows 7 (64bit). Pyramix v7.1 Highlights:
- Native support under Windows 7 - 64bit (MassCore not supported under 64OS)
- Support for MP3 and AAC (Audio Advanced Codec Key required)
- Search feasible in Media Browser
- Faster Save for project containing Automation
- New DSD media handlers
- New Jog Pitch mode
- Reduced Memory consumption when Saving project containing Automation
- Trimmer stereo monitoring support
- VCube Essential (Key required)
- Library improvements
- Multiple controller support
And bug fixes,...
Please carefully read the release notes and the installation procedure below.Installation Procedure:
- Prior to installing this version make sure that you have your new Pyramix 7.1 Keys
- Merging recommends that users remove the current Pyramix version installed on your system by doing so from the Windows Add/Remove Programs.
- MassCore users that are using a version installed prior to the one coming with Pyramix V7.0SP2 will need to un-install the RTX (IntervalZero) present in the Windows Add/Remove Programs. Reboot afterwards.
Once Pyramix v7.1.9 has been installed and the new v7.1 Keys entered, the MassCore runtime can be installed from the MT Security Settings (MassCore Tab).
- For users with Pyramix and VCube installed on the same system, it is mandatory that you upgrade to VCube 3.1.9 to go along side this Pyramix v7.1.9.
Note: The Dolby E (Encode/Decode) comes now as a separate installer and is no longer bundled within the Pyramix installer. Please contact email@example.com
1`in order to have access to it.
Note: A VoiCode standalone installer is now available for Non-Pyramix Digital Audio Workstations that support VST hosting. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
in order to have access to it and to be informed of the known compatibility issues with certain DAWs.
Note: Pyramix 7.1 projects are NOT compatible with the previous Pyramix Releases. In order to open such projects in an older Pyramix version please make sure that you perform the proper Save Special, a new “Save as Version 7.0” entry was added.Installation Troubleshooting: http://forum.merging.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6467RTX upgrade Troubleshooting: http://download.merging.com/beta/Pyramix/pmx7.0.1_Beta1/How_to_upgrade_IntervalZero_RTX.pdf
Ramses users should install the latest certified ConsoleSoft and Edit Bay sets. Available in download here http://www.merging.com/ramses/download/ Downloads:
- Pyramix v7.1.9 Release Notes: http://download.merging.com/beta/Pyramix/pmx7.1.9_HotFix/Pyramix_v719_Release_Notes.pdf
- VCube Essential Guide:
- All docs and software can be downloaded from: http://www.merging.com/download VCube v3.1 Official Release
The VCube 3.1 version includes new features, improvements and bug fixes. New keys are required, but they are available to VCube 3.0 users free of charge.
This version also adds VCube Essential SE support under Windows 7 (64bit). VCube v3.1 Highlights:
- Dolby E Encoding in Wrap (Key required)
- Final Check Meter and Report available in Wrap (Key required)
- Jünger LevelMagic available in Wrap (Key required)
- MXFix: batch compliance server (Key required)
- MXF handling improvements
- Panasonic P2 XML files support
- Updated QuickTime version
- Channel Routing improvements
- Interchange import enhancement
And Bug fixes…
Please carefully read the release notes and the installation procedure below. Installation procedure:
- Prior to installing this version make sure that you have your new VCube 3.1 Keys
- Users running a VCube 2.x version or a VCube 3.0 SP 3 can simply perform an upgrade to VCube 3.1.8 Release
- You might be warned of pending requirements at installation please proceed and install accordingly if so
- For users with Pyramix and VCube installed on the same system, it is mandatory that you upgrade your Pyramix to v7.1.9 release to go along side VCube v3.1.9
Note: The Dolby E (Encode/Decode) comes now as a separate installer and is no longer bundled within the VCube installer. Please contact email@example.com
in order to have access to it. More Installation Troubleshooting: http://forum.merging.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6467 Compressed Audio File Formats:
- DirectShow technology support (MP3, WMA, AAC, ..) some additional 3rd party codecs might be needed. For SRC proper support, we recommend that users install the codec packs available here if they haven’t done so already. http://forum.merging.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5755 Downloads:
- VCube v3.1.9 Release Notes: http://download.merging.com/beta/VCube/VCube3.1.9_HotFix/VCube_3.1.9_Release_Notes.pdf
- VCube Essential Guide: http://www.merging.com/uploads/assets/Merging_pdfs/VCube_3_1/VCube_Essentials_Guide.pdf
- All docs and software can be downloaded from: http://www.merging.com/download Ovation v3.0 Official Release
This new Ovation 3.0 version includes new features, Ovation Native Windows 7 (64bit) support, improvements and additional fixes to the previously available Ovation version. New keys are required, and as the version goes from 2.0 to 3.0, this release has an upgrade price. Please contact your Merging Sales Partner for further questions.Ovation v3.0 Highlights:
- Native support under Windows 7 - 64bit (MassCore not supported under 64OS)
- New Audio Gain Matrix
- New Automation Snapshots implementation
- New General MIDI Command Mapping Support
- Sony over ip support
- Sony P2 protocol support
- Cue Markers Support
- Official Support for MP3 and AAC (Audio Advanced Codec Key required)
- Active Cue revamping
- Edit Cue revamping
And Bug fixes…
Please carefully read the release notes and the installation procedure below. Installation Procedure:
- Prior to installing this version make sure that you have your new Ovation v3.0 Keys
- MassCore users who did not installed the MassCore runtime coming with Ovation v2.0SP2 will need to un-install the “Interval Zero RTX runtime” from the Windows programs. Once the Ovation v3.0.9 is installed you will need to install the new MassCore runtime from the MT Security Settings (MassCore Tab).
- Windows XP users: Due to some new installer requirements you will have to update to XP-SP3.
- Pyramix v7.1.9 Release and Virtual Transport will automatically be installed by this Ovation installer. The Pyramix and VT installs can be disabled in the Custom installation options if unnecessary.
- For users enjoying Ovation and VCube on the same system, please be aware that you will need to install a new VCube 3.1.9.
- More details for complete configuration are available in the Ovation Installation Guide
Installation Troubleshooting:http://forum.merging.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6467 Downloads:
- Ovation v3.0.9 Release Notes: http://download.merging.com/beta/Ovation/Ovation_309_Release_Notes.pdf
- All docs and software can be downloaded from: http://www.merging.com/download
The Merging Team