Merging Technologies is proud to officially announce new releases for Pyramix, VCube and Ovation!
This is the first synchronized triple release of Merging’s products and we are happy to announce that these versions are compatible which each others.Pyramix 6.1 Release
A new Pyramix v6.1 is available free of upgrade for all our current Pyramix v6.0 users. This latest version has many new features, improvements and many bugs fixed. This version also comes with a new MassCore version that supports Pyramix MassCore under Vista SP1 & SP2. Please carefully read the Release Notes for all details. Pyramix v6.1 Highlights
- New MassCore version that supports Pyramix MassCore under Vista SP1 & SP2
- Waveforms generation while recording support for all media handlers (BWF, WAV, AIFF, SD2, DSDIFF, etc…)Waveforms instant drawing during recording
- Waveforms Background Generator utility
- New Safe Record mode
- Mixer: New Sub Group Auxes Management
- Mixer: New Direct Monitoring Strips (for lowest latency roundtrip Live-In to Live-Out to talent/musician)
- Mixer: Strip New Peak Logger
- New Global status button for Solo, Mute and Overload
- New MT Asio Bridge i/o (ASIO application's output may be merged into Merging's MassCore engine and I/O)
- Microsoft DirectShow technology support in ingest (compressed audio files: MP3, WMA, AAC,…)
- Authoring: Convert Text Markers to CD Disc
- Authoring: Cue sheet export in Generate CD Image Dialog
- ADR improvements
- Record control over SonyP2 improvement
- New on the fly media Sampling Rate Conversion option
- Project Wizard new option to “Load a Template”
- Automation improvements
- Playback performance improvements
- Memory and save improvements
- Libraries improvements
- DMA Load improvements
- Workflow performance improvements. Timeline editing and project save time will be faster
- Algorithmix ReNOVAtor reliability improvements and better memory handling (visit http://www.algorithmix.com
for latest version)
- …and much more Installation procedure
- MassCore users must remove the RTX 8.1 application from the Windows Add or Remove Programs (if present), prior to upgrading to Pyramix v6.1.
- Users can upgrade from their current Pyramix V6.0 if they wish. However when upgrading from 6.0 to 6.1 under Vista, the DiscWrite drivers are not properly updated. In this case only, users are strongly recommended to uninstall 6.0 first. This will be fixed for next Maintenance Release or Service Pack.
- The Pyramix installer will automatically install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Pack if it is not already present on your system.
- Virtual Transport 126.96.36.199 will automatically be installed by this Pyramix installer, the VT install can be disabled in the Custom installation options if unnecessary.
- After installing Pyramixv6.1 the MassCore users will have to install the new MassCore version from the MT Security Settings MassCore Tab and Reboot afterwards.
- For users with Pyramix and VCube installed on the same system, it is mandatory that you upgrade your Vcube to v2.1 release to go along side this Pyramix v6.1 release.
- More details for complete configuration are available in the Pyramix Installation Guide Downloads
- All downloads can be found on the Merging website download pageVCube 2.1 Release
The Merging Team is proud to announce the release of VCube 2.1. This latest release is free of upgrade for all our current VCube 2.0 users. This version includes new features, improvements and many bugs fixed. Please carefully read the Release Notes for all details. VCube 2.1 Highlights
- Windows Vista 32 bit support
- The "Follow VT" mode allows VCube to be ultra reactive when controlled by Pyramix thru VT
- Networked ADR features from Pyramix
- Countdown, Wipe, Test Patern, Audio Tone clips
- Auto Wipe and Auto Countdown clips
- Ovation support
- Native version: VCube also exists in LE and XE modes.
- New video engine allowing artefact free interlaced video formats real time resizing. Different algorithms are available.
- Feet overlay TimeCode
- Online check for update
- IMX 30 or IMX 50 options for generated MXF media files
- Linked Composition and file Path for recorded media files
- To speed up MXF file parsing, "Validate All Index Frames" can now be disabled from the Media Settings Panel
- Avid DNxHD codec support for QuickTime, AVI and cube file formats Improvements
- Field accurate sync engine; even over the network thru virtual transport
- Improved Real-time playback
- Improved stability; especially when editing composition (clips) while playing
- Faster Render engine that can handle up to 16 core at a time
- Improved AAF and MXF support
- Better Media re-linking when importing composition
- Improved RS-422 (Sony 9 pin) support
- Mother board audio outputs supported for playback (SE, LE and XE players) Hardware
- USB Sync board for VCube SE > RS-422, LTC (MIDI, Bi-Phase in a future version)
- VS3 6.1 support
- New AJA 6.5 Drivers support (for Xena LS, LH and 2K)
- Store and restore AJA Xena 2 configuration and routing Installation procedure
- New standalone all-in-one comprehensive installer
- Virtual Transport 188.8.131.52 will automatically be installed by this Vcube installer, the VT install can be disabled in the Custom installation options if unnecessary
- For users with Pyramix and VCube installed on the same system, it is mandatory that you upgrade your Pyramix to V6.1 release to go along side VCube 2.1
- Auto update checking
- More details for complete configuration are available in the Vcube Installation Guide Downloads
- All downloads can be found on the Merging website download page Ovation 1.0 Release
The Merging Team is proud to announce the first release of Ovation 1.0.
Ovation is a ground-breaking Media Server and Sequencer with the tools you need to produce and run shows in many spheres of activity. For example: Theatres, Theme Parks, Museums, TV Game Shows, Trade Shows, AV Presentations, Radio stations, Retail Outlets and Film Festivals. Here are just a few of the possible applications for Ovation. Please carefully read the Release Notes for more details Ovation 1.0 Overview
Ovation enables the user to run Cues of many Media and Command types, either manually like a spot player / cartridge machine or automatically against Run-time, Time-of-day or external LTC or MIDI TimeCode. The Ovation Sequencer can be controlled from a hardware controller, touch screens, GPIs, Sony 9-pin (P2) Protocol commands
and MIDI. Ovation currently consists of three modules, the OVPlayer, OV Controller and the OVSequence Designer / Show Controller. OVPlayer and OV Controller can be embedded into the main Ovation application, or run stand-alone on the same machine or any machine accessible on the network. By default the embedded player is enabled. For many applications the optional Ovation hardware controller will be highly desirable.
Please read User Manual for all details.Installation Procedure
- Make sure that you register your software to acquire your Ovation security key(s). If you do not have a valid key Ovation will run in Evaluation Mode.
- The Ovation installer will automatically install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Pack if it is not already present on your system.
- Pyramix 6.1 Release and Virtual Transport 184.108.40.206 will automatically be installed by this Ovation installer. The Pyramix and VT installs can be disabled in the Custom installation options if unnecessary.
- For users enjoying Ovation and VCube on the same system, please be aware that you will need to install a new VCube 2.1 Release version.
- More details for complete configuration are available in the Ovation Installation Guide Downloads
- All downloads can be found on the Merging website download page
Merging hopes that you will enjoy those releases.
The Merging Team