PC Hardware and Ovation 6

Welcome to the Ovation discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Re: Ovation v6.0 Beta 2 build 25978 Released

Postby omoser » Fri Feb 20, 2015 15:48

Hello,
I'm just wondering if it worth testing Ovation 6 on a old Merging PCTRAWXP chassis (Q6600 Quad Core @2.4GHz - 4Go Ram) or if it will be too slow ? Of course I would upgrade to seven 64bits.
Olivier
omoser

PC Hardware and Ovation 6

Postby Graemme » Tue Mar 03, 2015 04:45

Olivier,

I've been using a similar system (same CPU and RAM / 32 bit) with Pyramix for several years and it still works just fine, even if it isn't as fast as newer computers. This includes DSD, DXD, video and heavy use of Algorithmix Renovator. It certainly won't hurt for testing and of course, it all depends on how much you want the CPU to do simultaneously.

Cheers,

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"
Graemme

Return to Ovation General