presonus faderport

3rd Party controllers used with Merging products
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
tas

presonus faderport

Postby tas » Wed May 04, 2011 11:44

Hi all,

there are a few old thread about the faderport not working all that great, so I am reposting a question on whether anyone uses this with success.

clarpro

Re: presonus faderport

Postby clarpro » Wed Jun 08, 2011 22:25

It works (mostly). Fader, Pan, Channel Select, Transport, Mute Solo Rec all work with Mackie HUI mapping. A few of the other buttons work in the wrong places, and with other mappings a few work in the righ places but with other added problems.
Good luck,
Brad
p.s. Tested with: Mykerinos, Native, XP SP 2 and 3, Windows 7, two laptops and a desktop

Matthijs Ruijter

Re: presonus faderport

Postby Matthijs Ruijter » Mon Jan 13, 2020 22:37

Hello there,

I just bought a Presonus Faderport 16, now trying to get it to work with Pyramix v11.1.6
Hui seems to be the best protocol; so far the best controller template to choose is Yamaha DM 1000. But unfortunately, it is all not very stable. Sometimes channels don't react to the panning encoder: bank flipping can get stuck, pan to fader sometimes doesn't show the pan levels, scribble strips sometimes get stuck in showing the last value (when a control was changed) instead of jumping back to showing their strip name. Yesterday I had a lot of these problems, now I just fired up Pyramix with the same project: no problem...

Anyway, my question is: has anybody out there been editing one of the HUI controller XML files to match with this machine? Willing to share? My XML/MIDI programming knowledge is somewhat non-existent.

Thanks in advance!