Euphonix MC Mix EuCon crashes

3rd Party controllers used with Merging products
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
davidgleeson

Euphonix MC Mix EuCon crashes

Postby davidgleeson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 03:40

running 2 x Euphonix MCMix fader packs on fresh install of Windows 7 and latest Pyramix 7.

could use some help with two problems:

- MC Mixers ocassionally crash while in record. By crash, I mean they lose communication and revert to Euphonix logo on their displays. Only way to get faders back is to restart Pyramix. Tried power cycling the switch/hub - this didn't revive the faders but Pyramix did report communication loss error. Tried to power cycle the MC Mixers, but their power buttons were inactive, as though the units themselves had crashed. Haven't managed to reproduce this outside session.

- is there a way to save & recall fader positions while in record? problem is recording concerts with several different setups where balances worked out during soundcheck need to be recalled during show. Trouble is, Pyramix will not allow mixer snapshot recall during record. Any workarounds? I don't suppose the MC Mix has an autonomous way of doing this (ie without referring to Pyramix)?

MC Mix 1.44 protocol 1.0
Pyramix 7.0.10 service pack 2
Windows 7 (32bit) professional service pack 1
Masscore
Intel Core I7 CPU 860
Cisco/Linksys SD208 8 port 10/100 switch
Last edited by davidgleeson on Sat Mar 19, 2011 06:12, edited 1 time in total.

davidgleeson

Re: Euphonix MC Mix problems

Postby davidgleeson » Fri Mar 18, 2011 04:28

Progress....

problem just happened again while fiddling with EQ parameters (which appears to have nothing to do with the problem).

this time we noticed EuCon icon was missing from taskbar.

rebooting Eucon from Start menu has brought MC Mixers back online without interrupting record.

hopefully this can be repeated.

davidgleeson

Re: Euphonix MC Mix problems

Postby davidgleeson » Sat Mar 19, 2011 06:03

tried using Netgear switch instead of Linksys.

still getting crashes every hour or so.

can recover without losing session data (or record) by relaunching EuCon, but it's a major pain.

AkaiDD

Re: Euphonix MC Mix EuCon crashes

Postby AkaiDD » Fri Mar 25, 2011 13:33

Hi, you should contact Euphonix/AVID team about this. Basicly they quickly react with such bugreports...
It seems that the problem is on their side.
Regards, Max Romasevitch
MELNITSA Animation Studio

klaukholm

Re: Euphonix MC Mix EuCon crashes

Postby klaukholm » Wed May 25, 2011 22:39

same issue here with 7sp3 and winxp.
It has even brought down pyramix with it.
Router is a netgear (same as found inside the tango FWIW)
With a Dovado router I have had no problems so far, but I have not logged enough hours to be sure if it solves the issue