Euhonix Artists

3rd Party controllers used with Merging products
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Sylvain94

Euhonix Artists

Postby Sylvain94 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 19:46

I would like to buy (when the driver vill be available (seems to be very soon)) the Euphonix MC Control V2 and MC Mix.
What pyramix key do I need to use the EUCON protocol ?

Thanks.

klaukholm

Re: Euhonix Artists

Postby klaukholm » Sat Jan 15, 2011 20:02

I believe the cheapest one is the correct one.
That was what I was told a few years back.

phaseboy

Postby phaseboy » Fri Jan 21, 2011 20:27

Euphonix posted the windows 7 Eucon software yesterday.
The Oasis Economy key is all you need on the pyramix side.

M
Mark S. Willsher
http://www.pin3hot.com

studiorecording

Postby studiorecording » Tue Jan 25, 2011 21:58

Will Controller v1 work with Pyramix or should we purchase only v2?
Realizing we need to purchase Oasis key from Pyramix.

Filmsat59

Postby Filmsat59 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 20:04

Hi,

has anyone tried eucon 2.5.7 with an artist and Pyramix yet?

thanks

Graham
Filmsat59.com
Pre and Post production Services
Bristol
UK

phaseboy

Postby phaseboy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 20:35

Yes. I did have to upgrade the firmware in my artist as well in order to get complete functionality.

Only other thing I discovered is that the artist seems to be very temperamental about what network hardware you have. It gave me connection errors when using both kingston and linksys switches. After talking with Avid/Euphonix support they suggested I try a netgear box - so I switched a third time to a netgear switch and then everything worked perfectly... go figure...

Anyway - it was painless to set-up in Pyramix v7 and so far is working perfectly. Great little controller.

Regards,

Mark
Mark S. Willsher

Gaël Nicolas

Postby Gaël Nicolas » Wed Feb 02, 2011 23:45

i JUST BUY IT TODAY!
Very impatient to test it. I already have a netgear switch so it should work perfect. :mrgreen:
Gaël Nicolas
33 Bis Rue du Chateau Landon
75010 PARIS
06 60 28 83 79

Win7 pro/Pyramix V8/ Masscore/Intel X5672 3.2ghz/HP-Z800

studiorecording

Postby studiorecording » Thu Feb 03, 2011 19:22

I am new to the Euphonix line.
I have a Transport and can not get it to JOG.
I have a Mix which grew a crack between faders 4 and 5 (GS has other reports of the same);
Euphonix said one difference with V2 Control has a better lit display and v1 can not upgrade.

Daniel Lao

Postby Daniel Lao » Sat Feb 12, 2011 00:00

To Phaseboy/Mark

I also have a Netgear wireless router and an MC Mix, i run under bootcamp (3.2) with Windows 7 and Pyramix 7 but i still can't figure out how to set up the connection in Windows?

I tried setting up a direct connection with the crossover cable in OSX which works fine BTW...i do have the latest Eucon driver installed.

Daniel

phaseboy

Postby phaseboy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 18:04

Hi Daniel,

Well - assuming you have installed the latest eucon client for windows, and that it is running but doesn't see the mcmix.

I really need a few more details, but I'll go out on a limb suspecting that this is just a networking problem.

With the mcmix powered on and plugged into the router if you press both page buttons simultaneously and hold them you should see the ip address of the mix displayed in the display for the first fader. If you see nothing or something starting with 269.xxx.xxx.xxx is means that the euphonix is not being assigned an ip - which could have several causes.

Are you trying to connect wirelessy to the router with your mac or are you connecting with a cable? You need to connect with a cable.

If you are connected with cables and the mcmix is correctly being assigned an ip - can you see it from osX at that point?

M
Mark S. Willsher

Daniel Lao

Postby Daniel Lao » Sat Feb 12, 2011 21:00

Hi Mark, first of all thanks for your help,

my Mac connects wireless to my Rangemax downstairs, the mc mix connect directly to the Mac's ethernet port.

Yes when i press the page buttons the ip shows as 169.254......

I connected trough a (VERY long) cable with the router, the mc mix is still in the ethernet port and i set all the connections to 'automatic ip' but the 169.254... keeps active on screen. In the Eucon discovery pane in the taskbar a 192.168.1.6 address IS added but choosing it doesn't change the mc mix's ip???

kind regards, Daniel

phaseboy

Postby phaseboy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 21:53

Daniel.

First a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx address means that the mix is assigning itself and unable to receive an address from the router. If the mix is plugged into the computer directly or if the connection from the mix to the router is dodgy this will be the case. It is also possible though that if you didn't reboot the mcmix after plugging it into the router that this could be the case - if you didn't I would certainly make sure to reboot the unit whenever you connect it to a new device. The .6 address showing up in discovery is likely the address of your pc itself.

I am unclear about what you have tried from your description. Either both the computer and the mcmix need to individually be physically plugged into the router or the mix needs to be plugged directly into the pc. You cannot plug the mix into the router and get the computer to connect to it via wifi. It sounds from your description of the situation that the best scenario would be to have the mix plugged directly into the computer while the computer accesses the internet wirelessly (which is where I believe you started).

I don't have the mix plugged directly into the computer - I have used it that way on location with pro-tools on in os x, but haven't tried on the windows side. The first thing I would do though if I were trying this set-up on windows would be to manually assign an ip to both the pc and the mcmix. Choose something on a subnet other than what your wireless connection is - eg: 192.168.111.x (just set the ip on each and the subnet mask at 255.255.225.0 and leave gateway, dns, etc... blank (note: this if for the ethernet only - don't change the wireless settings on the pc).

Best

Mark
Mark S. Willsher

Daniel Lao

Postby Daniel Lao » Sat Feb 12, 2011 23:26

I just tried to connect the Mix with the long cable to my router downstairs and via the page buttons it showed an ip of 192.168.001.004 so that's a good thing i think?

i'll also try assigning static ip's but wouldn't it be possible to have both the pc and the Mix connected to an ethernet to wireless bridge which connects to my router downstairs?

regards,

Daniel

Daniel Lao

Postby Daniel Lao » Sun Feb 13, 2011 16:59

I have connected them both physically to the router now, i tried the static ip's (i set the dhcp range from 168.2 to 168.10 and the static adresses at .11 and .12) that works fine on the mc mix (it receives 001.012) but in Windows there's no connection or unit visible.
With DHCP the same, the Mix receives an ip from the router, the Eucon discovery tool shows this address under network but Eucon stays that ugly gray.

My plan is to buy a Netgear WNR3500 wireless gigabit switch/access point for connecting upstairs with a WNDR3300 router downstairs.(AT LEAST that saves some kilometers a day :D ).

Daniel

phaseboy

Postby phaseboy » Sun Feb 13, 2011 23:23

Good luck with the new units. From what you've tried it definitely sounds like there's a communication problem with the router you have. Similar problems to what I originally experienced.

(BTW: I had only meant for you to try static ips when connecting the mcmix directly to your pc) - which I still suspect would work fine - although doesn't allow you to expand.

M
Mark S. Willsher