Protools|Control

3rd Party controllers used with Merging products
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
charly van rest

Protools|Control

Postby charly van rest » Tue Sep 05, 2017 16:55

Hello everybody,

Is there somebody who has tried, experienced the Protools|Control app on an iPad ?
Avid says..tight hardware/software integration and high-speed communication power of EUCON technology with the multi-touch advancements of iOS.
On your iPad, it enables you to record and mix faster and easier than working with a mouse and keyboard alone.

It would be the perfect controller for me because of the small physical-foot print !

Kind regards,
Charly van Rest
PMX 10.1, Windows 7, Masscore, Hapi

klaukholm

Re: Protools|Control

Postby klaukholm » Fri Feb 09, 2018 13:21

We have it here along with an S3 and the Dock. It works very well, but for Pyramix, quite a few of the Eucon commands trigger the wrong event as well as tending to trigger some events multiple times with one buttonpush. This needs to be fixed, but once that is done it will be an excellent tool IMO.

charly van rest

Postby charly van rest » Sat Feb 10, 2018 16:59

Thanks Klaukholm for the reply,

Do you think it will work now for simple Pyramix tasks like fader-rides, pan left/right or trimpots in the mixerpanel,
or better wait till Avid makes it realy tight ?

(I'm looking, at the moment, for a good and small Eucon controller.. The Dock and Artist series seems okay to work with PMX....)

Best,
charly

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Sat Feb 10, 2018 20:29

charly van rest wrote:Thanks Klaukholm for the reply,

Do you think it will work now for simple Pyramix tasks like fader-rides, pan left/right or trimpots in the mixerpanel,
or better wait till Avid makes it realy tight ?

(I'm looking, at the moment, for a good and small Eucon controller.. The Dock and Artist series seems okay to work with PMX....)

Best,
charly

Faders work OK, I did not try the other two.
Be aware that some boxes have functionality, but on mine the parameter boxes are blacked out with no symbol or text, but they work.
Can you borrow an ipad and try?
Pretty simple to set up, free and also works with the artist as far as I know.

charly van rest

Postby charly van rest » Wed Feb 14, 2018 16:41

Thank you for the tips,
I will try the ipad later, for the moment I'm doing automation first rough sketches with the mouse
then into nodes editing which is rather precise but unfortunately time consuming.