Icon Platform M

3rd Party controllers used with Merging products
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
mjbennett

Icon Platform M

Postby mjbennett » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:33

Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has experience with the Icon Platform M series http://iconproaudio.com/product/platform-m/.
It appears to use Mackie HUI or control protocol.
It's not listed on the supported controllers page - https://confluence.merging.com/pages/vi ... d=17203276 - but it's clearly a non-exhaustive list.
Any thoughts/help would be gratefully received.
Thanks,
Matthew

ckalcov

Re: Icon Platform M

Postby ckalcov » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:58

Hi Matt,

Hope you're well. I'm using a Platform M here with no problems - it functions under HUI or Mackie Control.

Word of advice - don't upgrade the firmware! As it's still early days and ICON being the company they are, the new firmware virtually bricks the unit. With the help of Synthax I managed to revert it back to V1.0 which works great.

Still trying to figure out whether to run it in Mackie or HUI to get the automation touch to work, but I haven't had enough time yet to figure it out.

Chris

OlleGrane

Re: Icon Platform M

Postby OlleGrane » Sun Oct 07, 2018 20:25

Hi Chris!
I just saw this post, I realize it´s more than a year old.
- Could you elaborate a little more about the Icon Platform M, if you´re still using it?
- And, are you using the D2-panel with it?
- Did you get touch automation to work properly?

I´ve been having issues with my previous controllers (the old Behringer 8 fader, Presonus faderport classic) with the touch automation and sort of gave up on fader controllers for Pyramix.
Can´t remember if I could do any proper automation with any of them at all, really sketchy. But, it´s a few years since I gave it a go.

Regards
/Olle
Olle Grane
Green Hat Music & Sound

Pyramikx V9.1 Native
Win 7 PC according to the Merging spec of june 2010 with RAID 1+0 audio drive 1TB
HP Z-Book native
Merging HAPI / RME Babyface interfaces