RAVENNA drivers

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Serge

RAVENNA drivers

Postby Serge » Wed Jun 26, 2013 21:09

Any word on when the RAVENNA drivers for Mac might be available?
Are they going to be limited to 32 channels at 96 kHz as well as ASIO drivers?
Is it possible to have more than 32 channels at 96k with ASIO drivers at all, or it's set in stone?
Thank you!

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Re: RAVENNA drivers

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15

Hi Serge,

The RAVENNA Core Audio Driver, is currently still in its development phase. we are currently supporting 64 i/o @ 1FS (44.1/48kHz) so 32 i/o @ 2FS (88.2/96kHz). Currently this is what we plan to benchmark and market. If ever you can always explain your needs with additional details.

Best Regards,
Ricardo
Merging Technologies

Serge

Postby Serge » Tue Jul 02, 2013 22:17

Thank you Ricardo.

My needs are simple, I need secondary (backup) record system in addition to MassCore that we have to record up to 64 input channels at 96k. Inputs to MassCore are MADI into 2 Horuses.
I guess, I will have to put two separate Native systems to accommodate my needs, or get another MassCore, and first option is way cheaper and makes more sense as we already own several Native systems. Another option would be any system with 2 sets of MADI inputs. Obviously, best way would be one system capable of recording all 64 inputs.
As of now I can use PC based systems, but sure would like to be able to use Mac with Ravenna as well.

Thank you again!
Serge.

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Wed Jul 03, 2013 07:52

Doesn't the 'Pyramix Native Extended Key' allow for 64 ch @ 96K in Native on a single machine?'

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

Serge

Postby Serge » Wed Jul 03, 2013 07:59

I cannot get more than 32 channels in ASIO control panel for Ravenna, and manual for the driver states the limitation to 32 I/O at 2xFs. It is not the issue of Pyramix... so far. As far as I understand, PMX Native can do 48 I/O at 2xFs with the exception of Broadcast Pack and Extended license. But I can use other software.
Or the key for Pyramix Native defines the amount of channels for Ravenna ASIO as well? It would seem a bit strange.

Mario

Postby Mario » Sat Jul 06, 2013 15:56

Hi Serge,

I believe you have two issues here, first the native driver limitation (32 channels at 96K) and then the pyramix native channel I/O limitation (96 channels at 48K).

if you have only use the MADI inputs, maybe you have the MADI outputs free, if so, you use them and have something like the SSL MADI MADIXtreme card with 2 MADI ports, buy from Merging the key to have more than 96 channels in native systems and that´s it: 64 channels recorded in one native system.

But as you said, maybe a second masscore system will be more effective. why not approach your dealer with your situation, maybe you can arrange a good deal for a backup recorder.

I hope this makes sense

Mario