Yamaha DM2000 as controller

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
tim

Yamaha DM2000 as controller

Postby tim » Wed Mar 13, 2013 23:34

Hello all,

Has anyone here any experience using a Yamaha DM2000 as a controller for Pyramix? If so, two quick questions - how well does it work, and how many channels can you control? Someone told me they thought you could only control 24 channels...but that seems odd, since there are four remote layers.

Thanks
Tim Martyn
Phoenix Audio
Glen Rock, NJ
www.phoenixaudiollc.com

Everett

Re: Yamaha DM2000 as controller

Postby Everett » Mon Apr 08, 2013 22:24

Hi Tim,

Bit late... and been a long time...

I use the DM2000 as a controller occasionally. Works reasonably well. It's not limited to 24 channels, but the buttons to shift banks aren't obvious.

Scribble strips work, but as with all controllers based on EMC, the master fader does not. For me, the faders occasionally "bounce" back after releasing them, and then return to their new position.

Everett
Everett Porter
Polyhymnia International
High End Recording, Postproduction and Mastering
www.polyhymnia.com

tim

Re: Yamaha DM2000 as controller

Postby tim » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28

Thanks, Everett...good info. Hope all is well.

Cheers,
Tim Martyn
Phoenix Audio
Glen Rock, NJ
www.phoenixaudiollc.com