REWIRE & ASIO BRIDGE in PMX 7

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Vangelis

REWIRE & ASIO BRIDGE in PMX 7

Postby Vangelis » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:28

Hello,
I have read the manual thoroughly, but couldn't find definite answers to how the Rewire and Audio Bridge work. Settings in VS3 panel are OK,
I can see the extra ins/outs in my mixer but haven't managed to get audio out of my Echo Audiofire 2 in to PMX using the Asio bridge.
Also, tried to rewire cubase 5 and PMX 7 (masscore) for transport sync purposes with no positive results.

Can someone enlighten me?

Thank you.

Vangelis
Planet REC music productions.
Vangelis Spanakakis, producer - artist.

Paulo M

Re: REWIRE & ASIO BRIDGE in PMX 7

Postby Paulo M » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:56

Did you set the ASIO in your ASIO card to ASIO Bridge and also the I/O?

Is the sampling rate the same in both?
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Tue Jun 26, 2012 08:04

Hi,

Sorry, but you can't use both asio bridge and rewire. If it's like classic rewire, you find Cubase in rewire via the inputs of your strip or your bus...
something like that...

Best,
Bernard
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

Vangelis

Postby Vangelis » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:37

Hello Paulo,

What do you mean by setting my card to ASIO Bridge?
Is there such setting somewhere? I can't find it. I am using an Echo audiofire 2 card for Cubase 5, and 2 mykerinos cards for Pyramix Masscore. Can you give me more help, since I know you are using Audio Bridge with success?

Thank you

Vangelis

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:18

Hi Vangelis,

I meant to say to select Audio Bridge in the host software, not in the ASIO card, sorry.

So if you are using an ASIO compatible native software:

1-Go to VS3 Control Panel, select ASIO under Audio Bridge and choose the desired number of channels to be "bridged" (page 225 on Pyramix manual)

2-Go to Cubase I/O settings (the same menu where you usually set your I/O for the Native card). The Audio Bridge channels will show up there.

However, remember that selecting ASIO under Audio Bridge doesn´t allow for transport sync. To achieve that, you should select Rewire instead.

OF course, these two options only work if the native software is running in the same computer as Pyramix. Then you can use Pyramix in Masscore, but be able to run a native app at the same time in sync and having audio bidirectionally between the two apps.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3

Vangelis

Postby Vangelis » Sat Aug 11, 2012 15:38

Hi again Paulo,

In my Cubase I/O settings menu I cannot see the words "Audio Bridge"...maybe my Echo Audiofire 2 card doesn't support bridging???
If you are using Cubase, can you please take a snapshot of your cubase and I/O menu with Audio Bridge ins/outs selected and send it to contact(at)planetrec.eu so I can have a starting point where to look for my mistake.

Thank you very much for your patience my friend.

Vangelis

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Sat Aug 11, 2012 17:15

Hi Vangelis,

I don´t have Cubase here at the moment, only Audio Mulch, which is a diferent type of app than Cubase. Anyway, it´s the same procedure.

Once you have enabled Rewire or ASIO under Audio Bridge, in VS3 control panel, the number of ins and outs that you choose should show up as ins and outs in Cubase. Remember that Pyramix must be closed when you change the settings in VS3 panel.
The order you open Cubase and Pyramix depends on which program will be the master. Try both ways to check.

Check a small video showing the Audio Mulch I/O settings menu and the Rewire channels available in Pyramix Mixer:

http://screencast.com/t/YZUOL6aDo

Also, I took a look at the Cubase manual and you need to activate Rewire on the Devices menu first. It should display something related to Pyramix, ASIO Bridge, Virtual ASIO or something similar, although I can´t guess which term as I don´t have Cubase here.

Then the I/O is set in the VST connections menu. Under the column Audio Device, you need to probably choose MT ASIO bridge or something like that, which is the ASIO driver for Merging Technologies(MT). Then on the Device port column, the number of I/O choosen in the VS3 panel should be available.

I hope it helps. Sorry for not provide the correct terms that Cubase will show, but you´ll find it quicky.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3

Vangelis

Postby Vangelis » Sun Aug 12, 2012 19:07

Hey Paulo,
Thanx!
I managed to pass audio to Pyramix from Cubase!
I followed your instructions and set one more little detail which I discovered here in the forum: It was also neccessary to select MT ASIO Bridge as a driver in the ASIO drivers menu in Cubase. (thought that by deselecting my card's ASIO driver in Cubase, Pyramix wouldn't know which audio card should be its audio slave).

I haven't managed to rewire and sync the two programs yet, although experiments have been done, but it will be done soon.

Thanx again!

Vangelis

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Sun Aug 12, 2012 20:23

Hi Vangelis,

glad you´re making progress there :)

Like you said, the ASIO drivers in the card have no problem in being deselected in Cubase, as the audio is being passed as virtual paths betwen the two apps and not between the Echo card and Pyramix. That´s why you needed to select MT ASIO in Cubase.

Let us know when you achieve transport sync between the two apps in rewire. It should work, unless there´s any bug. Don´t forget you need to enable Rewire and not ASIO in the VS3 panel in Pyramix, under Audio Bridge and also activate Rewire in Cubase in the Devices menu (at least that´s what I´ve read in the Cubase pdf online)
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3

Vangelis

Postby Vangelis » Fri Aug 17, 2012 18:23

Hello again Paulo,

I have selected Rewire in the VS3 panel, selected MT ASIO Bridge in Cubase's 5 device setup, but cannot find any "Enable Rewire" or such thing in cubase. Have read the manuals of Pyramix & Cubase but there's little info on Rewiring.

Unfortunately up to now syncing the two apps via rewire has failed. (tried both as masters/slaves).

If there could not be an answer, my next plan is to continue the old syncing method using Virtual Transport and Midi Yoke (which is not 100% satisfactory in means of accurate syncing)

P.S. syncing Pyramix and Reason 4 was easy and successful...maybe Cubase isn't used to being a client...but a master...

Thanx again,
Vangelis

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Sat Aug 18, 2012 14:08

Hi Vangelis,

if Reason works, it´s strange that Cubase doesn´t. Maybe it´s the order that both apps are opened or like you say, Cubase likes to be the master in a rewire scenario. I´m afraid I can´t help you out further as I don´t have Cubase here. An eLicenser USB stick is needed for the trial version, which I don´t have either, otherwise I would try it just to check. Good luck and let us know if you discover anything else.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Sun Aug 19, 2012 17:00

Hi Vangelis,

I'm not completely sure, but, in Cubase, you say you choose "ASIO Bridge" instead of AUDIO Bridge...

If it's not the case, forget this message ! :D

Best regards,

Bernardo de Lavalla
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Sun Aug 19, 2012 17:51

Bernhard,

from what I understood, Audio Bridge is the generic term Merging used for enabling Rewire or ASIO in VS3 panel, to enable ASIO communication between Pyramix and other apps. The way it shows on the other apps is ASIO Bridge. In Pyramix mixer I/O however, it displays MT ASIO Bridge or Rewire, depending on the chosen option in VS3 panel, either ASIO or Rewire respectively.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Sun Aug 19, 2012 18:24

Paulho,

They said (Merging team) don't use MT ASIO Bridge And REWIRE at the same time it don't work...

If it's not the case, Forget this message...

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Mon Aug 20, 2012 17:48

They said (Merging team) don't use MT ASIO Bridge And REWIRE at the same time it don't work...

Of course not, it´s not even possible to select both options.

PS-Bernard, what happened to the hot weather and wine poems in portuguese in your previous post? :D
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3