Problems with Mykerinos/Pyramix and ASUS P4B533-VM / Win XP

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
LudwigFuchs

Problems with Mykerinos/Pyramix and ASUS P4B533-VM / Win XP

Postby LudwigFuchs » Tue Nov 19, 2002 23:52

hi merging users/staff

i have serious problems setting up my Mykerinos Card in a PIV 1,7Ghz Workstation with an Asus P4B533-VM Board and 256 MB DDR RAM. (no other cards installed)
I own another Computer with a Duron / VIA combination and after reading articles about Mykerinos' Probs with VIA Chipset i decided to buy a new PC.

And now the combination Myk. + Intel 845G Chipset doesnt work . Under XP ( i know that Pyramix has probs with XP - i tried running the 4.02 version (the version which you can download from the merging page) ) the System recognizes the Mykerinos Board but Pyramix is not running.
So i decided to set up Windows NT4 - cos my old system had no problems running NT4 + Mykerinos/Pyramix. But the Computer displays errors and exeptions. I tried everything : I disabled the onBoard graphics Intel Chip and used an AGP Card : no change.

Perhaps you can help me with this problem ,
just send a mail , thank you very much

machine@t-online.de

Ludwig Fuchs

Roland Clarke

ASUS 533 with intel 845 chipset

Postby Roland Clarke » Wed Nov 20, 2002 01:29

Hi there!

I am using the above combination with a 2ghz pentium chip with no problems, however I am using windows 2000. If you have 2000 maybe give that a shot.

Regards

Roland :D

LudwigFuchs

maybe this solves the probs

Postby LudwigFuchs » Wed Nov 20, 2002 01:34

hi , maybe 2000 solves the prob,
ill check it out for sure :)

bye
Ludwig

gabriel

Postby gabriel » Wed Nov 20, 2002 02:10

I'm not sure, if IRQ is the problem in your application, but the following is always good practice to avoid troubles with any OS: use PCI slot no2 for your Mykerinos board, then disable in BIOS all legacy I/Os like com1, com2, LPT (everything not needed). Disable any power save mode. Set BIOS option PnP OS to "No" and assign preferable IRQ 9, 10, 11 or another free IRQ to your Mykerinos PCI slot. You did a good job, if the system displays no IRQ conflict BEFORE start of Windows. Check p.188 in c't magazin No19 (9.9.2002) for further information.

Though Windows is, thanks to APIC, able to avoid IRQ conflicts and Mykerinos is not sensitive in sharing IRQ, I could successfully solve problems using that procedure. Good luck!

Gabriel

Cedric Caron
Site Admin

Postby Cedric Caron » Wed Nov 20, 2002 05:29

Windows XP is not supported in Pyramix 4.0. Support for Windows XP will be included in version 4.1

LudwigFuchs

everything ok :)

Postby LudwigFuchs » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:42

HI

i ve finally managed to set up the system. well , i loaded the setup defaults in the Asus Bios and after a new system-windows-install it recognized the card.

:)

bye
Ludwig