Power User Tips...

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Nunz

Power User Tips...

Postby Nunz » Mon Nov 18, 2002 03:33

Hi Everybody

Coming from the Sonic Solutions world...we have had a long number of years to establish the 'best' way to utilise the feature set of the application. Given that Pyramix is relatively new, I would like to start to compile a list of 'useful shortcuts' that people are using.

I'll start the ball rolling by asking this question (sorry if it is a dumb one, but i can't work it out!)

Is there a way to solo a track with a keyboard shortcut?

I have noticed that in the keyboard shortcut editor, you can assign a key to solo a track BY NUMBER...but not the 'current' selected track? In Sonic, you could simply hold the control key down while hitting the space bar (play) and that would play ONLY the audio on the currently selected channel.

This is great for working on large TV post edl's....i know we can use the mouse to do this, but it would be quicker if we could do this with a keyboard shortcut.

Does anybody have a clever workaround for this?

I guess the other 'track' functions would also be useful...ie MUTE or RECORD READY...and even AUTOMATE? However I thikn that the solo function would be REALLY useful!

thanks and if people would like a 'power user list' created, I am happy to do it, and then upload it somewhere (our ftp site?) and then users can download this as a 'Pyramix Keyboard' set for their own use.

thanks in advance for any suggestions.

cheers

nunz
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Q audio
[sound design]

Level One, 8 Woolley Street
Dickson
Canberra ACT 2602
phone: +61 2 6257 8055
fax: +61 2 6257 8099

nunz@qaudio.com.au
www.qaudio.com.au

benoit

Postby benoit » Mon Nov 18, 2002 13:13

"Is there a way to solo a track with a keyboard shortcut?"

Not shure if this is exactly what you're looking for:
press "3" in the numeric field - pyramix will play solo whatever is selected ( = "play selection" in the transport field).

Benoit

Nunz

Postby Nunz » Mon Nov 18, 2002 22:25

Thanks Benoit

Close....i didn't know about that function....so it will paly all selected clips? or the currently 'active' track?

I'm not in from of Pyramix right now, so i can't check for myself.

What I am looking for, is a 'keyboard shortcut' to access the 'solo' button on the currently 'active' track.

Here is a situation where i find this useful....Say for example i have a track full of footsteps...and i wish to 'edit/modify' just one of them.

I navigate to the track with all the footsteps on it, press the solo button..playback and locate the offending footstep.

What i think you are suggesting is i FIRST select ALL of the Footsteps and then press the numeric 3.....etc. This seems to be an extra needless step, when the solo button is right there on the track!

Does this make sense? I will try your suggestion ASAP (though you'll all be asleep when i do!)

thanks again Benoit.

ciao

nunz
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

Q audio

[sound design]

Level One, 8 Woolley Street

Dickson

Canberra ACT 2602

phone: +61 2 6257 8055

fax: +61 2 6257 8099

nunz@qaudio.com.au