pyramix and video

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Andy

pyramix and video

Postby Andy » Wed Oct 23, 2002 22:41

Hi
Can somebody recomend the best setup or solution for capturing/playing back video on Pyramix.
I've had a demo on version 4.1 capturing video through a dv converter via Virtual VTR and playing back through the computer monitor. The quality wasn't that great, so for anyone who uses Pyramix for Film Post production what setup do you use?
My initial thoughts are that Virtual VTR (i think thats what it was called) didn't allow much maniplulation of the video capture . Do people capture with Adobe Premier? Any advice would be appreciated. :?
Andy Walker
Crossfade Ltd

Pyromanic

Video with Pyramix

Postby Pyromanic » Thu Oct 24, 2002 12:07

HI,
I use Pyramix with a IEEE 1394 Device to playback Video in DV standard.
Capturing is also possible, but In my case I have to cut Video, due to this I use Ulead Media Studio Pro to capture and cut the video. Then playback via VT to do the audio with Pyramix. The quality is not reduced when playback is done over the IEEE device directly to cam or converter. When playback is done on monitor, it can´t be so good, because you normally render the vids for playback on a line-based picture like TV.
But the video stays in perfect sync and doing audio, even a music video with a more than frame accurate AV-sync is no problem.
I often use VT on a seperate PC doing the video-to-TV playback and on my first PC I have the vid in VT on monitor to have a faster scrubb.
best regards

Pyromanic

Roland Clarke

Video with Pyramix

Postby Roland Clarke » Thu Oct 24, 2002 14:08

Hi there!

Check out the pyramix website, in the news section they are talking details about the new vcube that is shortly to be available. This will give you a firewire video solution for posting, really cool! Other than that you can control and external machine via RS422 with the sync option.

Regards

Roland

Andy

Postby Andy » Thu Oct 24, 2002 21:10

Hi
Thanks for the advice. Pyromaniac I can see from the demo that sync is going to be solid, are you beta testing 4.1? I'm under the impresion that 4.0 dealt with video in a different way ( not via the Virtual Transport program). Anyhow had another look today and some settings did improve the quality/playback.As for the v cube this does look a good option but it would be nice to up and running within the one system for the time being.

Regards
Andy Walker

Crossfade Ltd

Pyromanic

yes

Postby Pyromanic » Fri Oct 25, 2002 06:46

Sorry, yes, I´m under 4.1
In 4.0 video was integrated in Pyramix and I think it did not have the IEEE output option but I´m not sure. When I have a quiet minute I´ll revert to 4.0 and test the video things again and tell you...
best regards

Pyromanic