YAMAHA CRW-F1 CDR Support

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
stephen

YAMAHA CRW-F1 CDR Support

Postby stephen » Sat Oct 05, 2002 21:45

CRW-F1 YAMAHA

Has anyone got this product and got it to work with Discwrite?

I know its not in the compatibily list, but my local store has only the newest models from Yamaha :-( So i thought i would try it.
Windows says yes to it, but Discwrite says no.

Any Support somewhere ?

Thanx

Stephen

stephen

Yamaha CRW F1

Postby stephen » Sun Oct 06, 2002 22:17

My burningsoftware is nero 5.8
Pyramix 4.0, Windows 2000
I have just made the firmware update, but i have still the same problems.
Is it helpfull to re-install Pyramix?
Regards
Stephen Künzle

stephen

Postby stephen » Wed Oct 09, 2002 19:16

ok re-installing Pyramix did not help much.

What can i do more?

Thanx for any help on this

Greeez

Stephen

benoit

Postby benoit » Thu Oct 10, 2002 01:07

Hello Stephen,

Contact Cedric.Caron@merging.com, I'm sure he may help you.

Benoit

stephen

Postby stephen » Fri Oct 11, 2002 00:19

Hi Benoit, thanx for the comment!
I have just wrote to him and hope he can give me a hint on this.

It may sound funny, but i am working on my 48khz project, i make a mixdown, then i resample in to 44.1, after that i convert from 24bit to 16bit. Then i open a new Project and import my "new" file,
finaly i mixdown to wav, and import to Nero.

So from my "project" to a cd i produce about 4 Stereofiles per Song to have it on CD.
Just Imaging that i have another 9 Songs like this to go on through.

You may laugh, but at least i have the newest and coolest Yamaha Recorder with the so called "disc T@2 Technologie"
It stands for Disc Tatoo.
So maybe the 44times burning capabilities of this recorder can save me the time i lost during the audio conversions
Amazing, isnt it :-)

Best Regards

Stephen

benoit

Postby benoit » Fri Oct 11, 2002 23:23

" It may sound funny, but i am working on my 48khz project, i make a mixdown, then i resample in to 44.1, after that i convert from 24bit to 16bit. Then i open a new Project and import my "new" file,
finaly i mixdown to wav, and import to Nero. "

...quite unusual! ;-) If I have a project in another SR than 44.1 & meant to end on CD, I mix all the way trough in the original SR and with the highest possible resolution until mastering, or convert the whole project in one pass with the so-named function.
With the next version, you'll be able to export any pq'ed edl straight to a cd-image while doing the SR-conversion on the fly.

Benoit

stephen

Postby stephen » Sat Oct 12, 2002 04:54

hi benoit, thanks for the reply.

Well i normaly do work as you explaind above, but in the moment its impossible, because there is no burning proggi around that can handle Images from Pyramix.
Its sad but true.
Discwrite is nice but it has alot of troubles supporting my Yamaha Drive.

So i am full of hope on this ..........

Best Regards

Stephen

benoit

Postby benoit » Sun Oct 13, 2002 11:58

" Well i normaly do work as you explaind above, but in the moment its impossible, because there is no burning proggi around that can handle Images from Pyramix."

I understand. But you could still keep your work in high-resolution, and convert the discrete final mastered files in one pass with AMR, & then burn anywhere.

"Discwrite is nice but it has alot of troubles supporting my Yamaha Drive."

I'm sure Cedric will come with a solution soon. Discwrite has been redone for the 4.1 release, and might be already compatible with this new drive...

Benoit

stephen

Postby stephen » Fri Oct 18, 2002 18:59

Hi Benoit

Cedric is probably working hard or on holiday :-)

Anyway, i have found a way to bring it to work.

I have opened the two files gcdroem.cfg and gcdrtype.cfg with my text editor and added my super new cool CDR-F1E in there, and now it works very well :-)

So now i am a very happy man with a biiiiiiiiig smile

Greeeeeetz from Zuerich
Stephen