Pro Tools into Pyramix

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
iceberg slim

Pro Tools into Pyramix

Postby iceberg slim » Thu Oct 03, 2002 05:55

Hello,

I don't own a Pyramix (cool name) but I need to export a Pro Tools(LE) 5.1.1 session into Pyramix. I don't know if the Pyramax system its a ver. 4 or a Pyramix32 system.

My question to any one that can help me is this: Do I have to make all my audio tracks the same length? and Will Pyramix recognize time stammped audio files?

Fred FINAND

Pro tools Import

Postby Fred FINAND » Thu Oct 03, 2002 23:35

I don't Know anything about 3.2 version, but 4.0 has an OMF import option. So you just have to export your protools session in this format. Be careful, OMF Import is a paying option, be sure your adressee has got it !
If no, export all your tracks with exactly same length in any kind of file format (Aiff, SD2, Wav ...). It works very well !

For information, Pyramix 4.1 has got a direct Protools 5 import/export option !

Fred.

benoit

Postby benoit » Fri Oct 04, 2002 00:15

Hello,

version 3.2 had omf import. On the other side, I'm not quite sure if protools _LE_ is able to export in this format at all!
If yes, take your mac-HD with you, and check that the wintel-daw you're going to use has mac-drive installed - you'll be able to mount the drive direct in pyramix without any further transfer.

Fred's description will work in any case.

Benoit

kbarnsley

Postby kbarnsley » Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:22

Hello

I am sat in the airport (Again!) and finally found time to have a look at the forum and saw you question about PT sessions. In the new Beta 4.1 software we have now inluded Dark Matters Protools interchange within Pyramix. It supports V4.x and 5.0 sessions directly and as 5.1 sessions can be saved as V5.0 then opening PT session is no problem. Pyramix also discards any rendered xfades from PT and remakes them in real time. V4.1 will be released before the end of the year. I hope this answers your question.