Automation copy from V8 to V11

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Perfect Record

Automation copy from V8 to V11

Postby Perfect Record » Fri Jun 21, 2019 01:32

I have 25 mixes from Vers 8 I have to re-mix in V11. The mixes are all automated. I need to modify the original stereo mixes, and also make surround mixes. All 25 mixes were originally done in a common template.

For Vers 11, we're supposed to convert the buses to new the buss version. I thought it would make sense to make a new V11 template, then copy all audio clips then all automation into each new mix.

When I try to copy the automation over, I get a dialog "Automation Buses Reassignment" which swaps my original aux buses, but does not allow me to fix the swap.

Is there a work around for this? I want to make this remix project go as fast as possible.

fl

Re: Automation copy from V8 to V11

Postby fl » Fri Jun 21, 2019 18:00

The fastest thing would be to let your project remain with its "Legacy" busses, which will also retain all your automation. The Legacy Bus structure works just fine in version 11, and I believe it was included here for just your purpose - to allow compatibility for older projects.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13

Perfect Record

Re: Automation copy from V8 to V11

Postby Perfect Record » Fri Jun 21, 2019 18:51

The fastest thing would be to let your project remain with its "Legacy" busses,

After several hours of experimenting, that's the conclusion I reached. You lose some of your routing when changing buss type, and it's not worth the possibility of error when there are so many individual mixes that have to be remixed.