Disc Write

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
jfsmastering

Disc Write

Postby jfsmastering » Thu Aug 23, 2018 13:34

After Windows 7 update, when I try to create master CD I get an error message
"Requested data tranasfer size too big for CD recorder buffer.
Drive error code = 0205A801h"

I can't create a CD master.
In setting general section, CD Read Speed is 40 which used be 16 and it can not be changed.
What is the problem?

fl

Re: Disc Write

Postby fl » Thu Aug 23, 2018 14:39

It's very hard to say what's going on without more information (Pyramix version, Disk burner model and connection, etc.), but it would seem that the Gear drivers upon which Disk-Write relies to communicate with your burner have been affected by some problematic upgrade from Microsoft. It may be possible to restore them to health by running the Pyramix Installer once again, in "Repair" mode - otherwise, I'd recommend you seek assistance from Merging's Support.

In the meantime, do any of the other functions of Disk-Write work? Can you Publish files from an existing MTFF file? Can you create a DDP? Have you tried rolling your system back to its state from before the MS update? Do you have a backup?
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

mpdonahue

Re: Disc Write

Postby mpdonahue » Thu Aug 23, 2018 16:27

jfsmastering wrote:After Windows 7 update, when I try to create master CD I get an error message
"Requested data tranasfer size too big for CD recorder buffer.
Drive error code = 0205A801h"

I can't create a CD master.
In setting general section, CD Read Speed is 40 which used be 16 and it can not be changed.
What is the problem?

I've been repeating this mantra every time somebody writes about PMX not working after a windows update....
You need to heed the warnings on the Merging Confluence site...There are specific windows updates that need to be removed.

https://confluence.merging.com/pages/vi ... d=25755762

One of the reasons that I have never updated from Win7 is the forced updates in W10. I have long since abandoned the windows updater and instead install updates myself using WSUS. Also, for W7, never choose the rollup, it contains all updates to date for the os. Rather choose security only updates and remove the ones that are not copacetic with PMX. I have the list of updates to be avoided on a do not install list inside WSUS and walk around with a thumb drive once a month and update all the production systems.

All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com