Oh by the way, Pyramix Version 11.1.4 was released

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
mpdonahue

Re: Oh by the way, Pyramix Version 11.1.4 was released

Postby mpdonahue » Tue Aug 21, 2018 22:23

RickTarrant wrote:Thanks for your help, guys. 11.1.4 is running smoothly on win10 1709.
I guess the question now is how "at risk" am I staying with an out of date OS?

You need to heed the warnings on the Merging Confluence site...There are specific windows updates that need to be removed.

https://confluence.merging.com/pages/vi ... d=25755762

One of the reasons that I have never updated from Win7 is the forced updates in W10. I have long since abandoned the windows updater and instead install updates myself using WSUS. Also, for W7, never choose the rollup, it contains all updates to date for the os. Rather choose security only updates and remove the ones that are not copacetic with PMX. I have the list of updates to be avoided on a do not install list inside WSUS and walk around with a thumb drive once a month and update all the production systems.

All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

RickTarrant

Postby RickTarrant » Tue Aug 21, 2018 23:09

Thanks again for all the help.
At this point, it looks like I'm staying at 1709. Every time i try to update to 1803 (different builds) I get the "This update not applicable to your computer" message.
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 11.0.6 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220

fl

Postby fl » Wed Aug 22, 2018 16:25

mpdonahue wrote:I think you are missing the big picture WRT the album publishing. You can now make a single MTFF file (and QC a single MTFF file) for all the different deliverables for a given title with correct samplerate conversion/dithering.

Thanks Mark, for your detailed overview of the Publishing, which I have been making use of in ways similar to yours for a few years now. Perhaps I should have qualified my posting to show that I was referring specifically to the new stand-alone Publishing application, as opposed to the process which has been part of Disk-Write for some years now. It would appear that the primary difference between the two methods is that the new program is a lot less "fiddly", offering a more direct and streamlined method to producing output from an existing MTFF.

BTW, has anyone else seen that Published FLAC files do not include a cover image upon completion, whereas AAC, Ogg and MP3 from the same pass will? This occurs whether you use either the new app or Disk-Write. A bug notice has been sent to Merging Support...

The other thing is that there is the ability to add or subtract gain in the sample rate conversion

I was unaware of this, but I suspect this is because I do not have the Final Check key for my system - is that right, does gain adjustment come with Final-Check?

You can also script all the information that you need for creating filenames without having to manually edit.

Yes, and I believe it was you who pointed me in the direction of using the built-in Windows capability to generate folders as part of the Saving process, through the inclusion of "\" slashes in the proposed file-name(s). With this, I've been able to output different sets of files in different formats, sample-rates and wordlengths into their own folders, while I go off and make lunch.

Finally, one of the huge advantages of VST3 over VST2 is DSP usage and speed during mixdown. VST3 will automatically disable processing is there is no input to the plugin, so it only uses DSP then the plug is active. It also allows for the correct routing of multichannel inputs and outputs of the plugin.

I was unaware of this specific benefit of VST3 - thanks for the info. I've noticed that my 11.1.4 system seems to be requiring a lower level of CPU processing, and the usage meter, which in 11.0 always seemed to display an alarming amount of activity, is now much calmer - which I attribute to both more efficient coding of plugins and program alike, along with the improvements to the CPU load meter itself as detailed in the Release Notes.

Rick - as for finding a Scully and desk - I hear ya, and I'm reminded of a friend who has a pair of 24 track decks and a 48 ch. mixer in his basement, which he picked up from various studios' close-out sales. I sold him my old Lexicon NuVerb system (computer and converters in addition to the two cards), so he's state-of-the-art 1988, in the comfort of his home. It's like walking into a time-warp...
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

RickTarrant

Postby RickTarrant » Wed Aug 22, 2018 16:53

so he's state-of-the-art 1988, in the comfort of his home. It's like walking into a time-warp...

I love it! Analog guy in a digital world.
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 11.0.6 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220

aomahana

Postby aomahana » Thu Aug 23, 2018 08:21

Just a short note regarding the implementation of VST3 in this new version of Pyramix.
Auto-tune Pro v9.0.1 is unstable within Pyramix.
I tested it as far as using the automatic process in a test project in the effect rack.
This seemed to work ...yay!
But on closing the project and reopening, the project would not complete opening (because of auto-tune in the fx rack), and Pyramix crashes.
So, I haven't tried graphic mode yet.

I have been in contact with Merging and made a bug report.
So they will look at this issue when they return from their holidays.

In the meantime, if any of you want to test Auto-tune, make sure it is in a non critical test project, because if you leave auto-tune in the fx rack, you won't be able to open the project again.

All the best,
aomahana.