DiscWrite Question

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
KASMUSIC

DiscWrite Question

Postby KASMUSIC » Thu Sep 19, 2002 18:54

Does Discwrite require a SCSI Burner? I cannot get my drive to show up in discwrite. Im using a Plextor 1210 IDE drive. I have also tried an external Lacie 1394/USB 2.0 drive with no luck. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.

Thank You

Graemme

Re: DiscWrite Question

Postby Graemme » Thu Sep 19, 2002 22:07

Hi there,

DiscWrite does not require a SCSI burner. I use both SCSI and IDE burners (Plextor) without any problems.

Please let us know which version of Pyramix/DiscWrite that you are using as well as your computer's hardware/software configuration. Also, are you using EZ CD Creator or any other similar 3rd party 'burning' applications?

Regards,

Graemme

KASMUSIC wrote:Does Discwrite require a SCSI Burner? I cannot get my drive to show up in discwrite. Im using a Plextor 1210 IDE drive. I have also tried an external Lacie 1394/USB 2.0 drive with no luck. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it.

Thank You
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

Roland Clarke

Annoying problem

Postby Roland Clarke » Fri Sep 20, 2002 14:34

I have an 8505 Exabyte drive. I am using beta 4.1 discwrite application that now recognizes it, using 4.0 it used to conflict with my Plextor, which is ide.

The problem I am now having is that although the driver for the Exabyte shows up on windows, in order to use it with discwrite I have to reinstall/reinitialze the driver for the Exabyte so that discwrite will add it to the list. Ok I can work round it, but its far from ideal. Anyone else experiencing the same problems?

regards

Roland