ID-3 tags in .wav files

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Perfect Record

ID-3 tags in .wav files

Postby Perfect Record » Fri Jun 01, 2018 22:39

A client has requested hi-rez files in addition to a DDP for the record I'm working on this week.

The tricky part is that they have requested CD-Text and performer info to be embedded into each track/file of the hi-rez files.. I cannot find a tool or standard for CDT & ISRC info on a wav file.

I don't even find appropriate fields in BWAV info header.

Anyone else had this request.

charlienyc

Re: ID-3 tags in .wav files

Postby charlienyc » Fri Jun 01, 2018 23:07

MP3Tag https://www.mp3tag.de/en/ supports WAV. While it does not list BWF as a supported format, has the client specifically requested broadcast WAV files vs standard WAV files? I only use BWF when file the timestamp might be needed. Otherwise standard WAV is, well, the standard.
MassCore v14.0.5 Win10/64 i9-10900 & i9-11900K, Avid S3
3x Horus = 80 In/24 Out @PCM
Native V14 Win10/64 i7-12700K miniDSP UDIO-8, Avid S1 & nob controller
Native V14 Win10/64 ThinkPad P51 i7-7700HQ w/Hapi