V10 VCA Automation Bug?

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
ckalcov

V10 VCA Automation Bug?

Postby ckalcov » Tue May 01, 2018 10:39

Hi all,

Not sure if this is a bug and/or anybody has come across this before and knows a solution: sometimes when writing automation to a VCA track, whether it be on write mode or preview mode, the corresponding channels get “locked” at the previous state so you cannot make any volume changes (the VCA fader moves but you cannot hear anything change). However when you press stop, the automation writes correctly to those tracks. This would be bearable if you could at least hear what you were doing whilst writing but it doesn’t, it just locks those faders under the VCA regardless until you hit stop after writing. Is there a reason for this or, if a bug, a way of kicking it back into action?

Thanks for any help!

charly van rest

Re: V10 VCA Automation Bug?

Postby charly van rest » Sun Jun 17, 2018 17:35

Hi Ckalcov
One day I also had this problem with automating the VCA fader, later I found out it does the same automation moves
on two other tracks that were not in write mode.
I'm not sure but I think this a bug
Take care,
Charly

ljudatervinning

Re: V10 VCA Automation Bug?

Postby ljudatervinning » Mon Dec 17, 2018 20:46

I find this to behave the same way in v11.1.5.
Any workarounds possible?
Pyramix Pro 25th / Ravenna MAD
win10 Pro 1909 / Nvidia RTX 3080, 4 monitors
win10 Pro 1909 / Lenovo P50, 4K