Creating MS Strip

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Creating MS Strip

Postby Larry Elliott » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:10

The Mixer Wizard in V11 does not offer an MS Strip. I have had to do this via the Mixer Configuration Tab. Is this the correct approach?

Many thanks

larry
Larry Elliott

Re: Creating MS Strip

Postby fl » Mon Oct 02, 2017 14:24

It's been years since I've used the Mixer Creation Wizard, so I'm quite used to creating strips, auxes and busses as needed to modify what is created from my existing Templates. As for "correct approach", isn't Pyramix a program which provides zillions of different ways of doing just about any task? Doing what you're doing is as correct as any other method I can think of.

As for the M/S strip itself, with the advent of the new Mixer paradigm introduced with version 10, we lost the M and S balance controllers on the strip itself, presumably because of the difficulties involved with routing to the new multi-channel panning universe. As such, M vs. S balance has to be done either by using a conventional L-R Strip with an M/S plugin installed, or by using an M/S Strip but adjusting the balance by applying Clip Gain to the S channel via its Track Header - not the most elegant solution, but it works. A third option is to revert to the "Legacy" mixer mode (by choosing Legacy Busses and Auxes when creating the Mixer), at which point, an M/S Strip will once again display the three knobs at the top of the strip, just like in the good ol' days.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.4/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.122
fl

Re: Creating MS Strip

Postby Larry Elliott » Mon Oct 02, 2017 21:56

Thank you Frank
Larry Elliott

Return to Pyramix General