iZotope RX6

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

iZotope RX6

Postby Ian Watson » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:54

Hi
Quick question to you lovely people out there...
Is anyone using RX6 with Pyramix?
I've been using RX4 now for a number of years, and I know it's very clunky using RX Connect with the FX Rack, but it does sort of work and RX has some really useful features... Has anyone upgraded to RX6? It's not officially supported, but does it still work with Pyramix? It's got some nice-looking new things and I would love to upgrade, but am nervous about losing what I already have!
BTW, if anyone from Merging ever reads these things, please can you work with iZotope to make it all work properly with RX?!? RX's integration with Pro Tools is really good and quick, and being able to send 16 tracks to and from RX is great. Makes Pyramix seem really out of date! Please...?
Thanks
Ian
Ian Watson

Re: iZotope RX6

Postby fl » Thu Sep 21, 2017 15:08

RX6 works great with Pyramix. The main improvement with RX6 is its ability to "stack" a number of mono tracks, and apply the same processing - great for working with multi-track recordings, whereas with RX4 you are limited to working with a maximum of 2 tracks. RX Connect works the same as it always has.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.5/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.122
fl

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 15:15

Hi Ian & Frank,

We recently discovered issues when using RX4 in the FX Rack and FX Rendering with potential gaps in the processing and large offsets. Once moving to RX6 the stability was enhanced. So we'd rather recommend RX6 to RX4.

Best Regards,
Ricardo

Merging Technologies
Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby fl » Thu Sep 21, 2017 16:49

Well, it appears I spoke too soon. Attempting to Render either a mono track or a stereo pair through the Effects Rack loaded with RX Connect, crashed Pyramix.

There's a workaround - do a simple Render to a WAV, save the project and quit Pyramix, and then open all the files in RX6 in its standalone form. Not quite as elegant, for sure, but it does what's needed, and as mentioned before, RX6 can process multiple sound files simultaneously, so you can process all tracks of a multi-track recording in one operation. For the trip back, deleting the processed files' .pk2 files prior to booting Pyramix will result in a forced re-draw of the waveforms to reflect their new (and hopefully improved) states.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.0.5/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.122
fl

Postby StephenMarsh » Thu Sep 21, 2017 20:40

The list of things I'd personally be willing to do in order to get better RX integration with Pyramix is growing by the day...and in diametric opposition to my self respect.
StephenMarsh

Postby Ian Watson » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:01

Thanks so much for your input; much appreciated!
Wouldn't it be great if iZotope and Merging could work together on this though...
Ian
Ian Watson

Postby Pencilgeek » Thu Oct 26, 2017 05:57

Ian Watson wrote:Thanks so much for your input; much appreciated!
Wouldn't it be great if iZotope and Merging could work together on this though...
Ian

I've been a beta tester for RX since RX-1. I'll see if the RFE section of their beta forum is still open and make such a request.
Pencilgeek

Postby RickTarrant » Sun Nov 19, 2017 06:14

I seem to recall someone at Merging telling me in an email a couple of years ago how closely they were planning to integrate RX into the Pyramix workflow.

More recently I contacted iZotope about a matter and they informed me that Pyramix was not one of their APPROVED platforms.

I use RX6 with PMX 10.2 daily and for the most part things work well rendering via RXConnect. I have noticed that if RX is not launched and running before I re ender, my attempt at sending audio to RX will result in a blank RX screen. Subsequent attempts work as expected.

Rick
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 10.2 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220
RickTarrant

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Mon Nov 20, 2017 15:30

Hi,

Lets say that we've been talking and very recently, lets see what comes up.

Best Regards,
Ricardo

Merging Technologies
Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Return to Pyramix General