WAV files not seen upon return to PMX

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

WAV files not seen upon return to PMX

Postby draudio2u » Thu Aug 31, 2017 15:07

Hello,
Working in PMX9, record. Take file to Wavelab for restoration work, and create a new WAV file there so as not to write over the original. Back to PMX, the new restored file is not seen.
Rename, - still not seen.
Unmount, remount - still not seen.
Shut down - no see.
Shut down, throw out Quick mounts everywhere - still not seen.
Render the restored file to yet another name and location - still not seen in PMX.

Anyone with a solution please?
Thank you.
draudio2u

Re: WAV files not seen upon return to PMX

Postby charlienyc » Thu Aug 31, 2017 18:23

Are you not seeing the file at all in Media Manager? Well that's no good!
I've had problems like this in the past going between Native v8 (32-bit), v10 and v10 Masscore systems, but have forgotten what I did exactly to remedy it.
Try moving the original media off the drive completely, in addition to unmounting the corresponding drive or folder. If you have the same media name or any file attributes in common, Pyramix may be confused what it sees as a duplicate file. You've deleted or moved the original .PK2 files, right?
Have you inadvertently set a filter in Media Manager? I think CTRL+F does this as a default - very easy to trigger accidentally while intending to have the timeline selected. Check the radio buttons above the media list.
2x MassCore v10.1.4 Win7/64 i5-3450
3x Horus w/3 AD8p, 6 AD8, 1 DA8, 2 DA8p
Native v10.1.4 Win7/64 Pro i7 HP
Native v10.1.4 Win10 Bootcamp Mac Mini i5-4278U 2.6GHz
Native V8.1 Win7/32 Xeon 3520 2.67GHz RME HDSP MADI
Native V8.1 Win7/32 ThinkPad R61
charlienyc

Postby charlienyc » Thu Aug 31, 2017 19:23

I found these in the old email thread from Ricardo Ryan & David Jacques:
Go in Pyramix settings > Application > General:
-Make sure that Keep Media Manager history is turned off. If you have to turn it off, you must restart Pyramix for the change to take effect.

To fix the problem, I just re-copied the PMF files from the other machine. I understand you're probably working on the same machine, and with WAV files. Still copying them to another drive and back is one more thing to try.

...sometimes there might be some rare issues when copying the files in Windows, especially when using external drives.
You may have a look at TeraCopy, which replaces the standard Windows Copy-Paste engine. We do not “officially” recommend it, but it works faster and reports more stuff.
2x MassCore v10.1.4 Win7/64 i5-3450
3x Horus w/3 AD8p, 6 AD8, 1 DA8, 2 DA8p
Native v10.1.4 Win7/64 Pro i7 HP
Native v10.1.4 Win10 Bootcamp Mac Mini i5-4278U 2.6GHz
Native V8.1 Win7/32 Xeon 3520 2.67GHz RME HDSP MADI
Native V8.1 Win7/32 ThinkPad R61
charlienyc

Postby J.Wajer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 19:19

The .WAV extension is not recognised by the system. Workaround: rename them to .wav (lowercase) Sad but true.
...Gracefully Ignored...
J.Wajer

Return to Pyramix General