Question, in mixdown window...

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
geddy75

Question, in mixdown window...

Postby geddy75 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 17:22

Hello.

I have two questions.
This is part of mixdown window.

1. I can not select path that I want. Because there is no full path, I don’t know which is what I have to choose.

2. When using Pyramix with Global library(Sound FX), there are large number of folder mounted (automatically). In most cases I do not mixdown to mounted folder contained sound library.
Is there any way to get rid of mounted library folder list?

Thank you.
PMX 12 + Masscore + Windows 10 + Hapi + Anubis

J.Wajer

Re: Question, in mixdown window...

Postby J.Wajer » Mon Aug 21, 2017 08:01

1. No. Old bug. Has been there for far too long. Argued about this years (7) ago. Nothing done. Still "waiting" to be implemented. My guess: will never be done. Why else wait for 7 years? :)
Workaround: hover the mouse until windows displays the full pathname. Ridiculous I know, but that how we have been doing this for years.
2. Yes. You can get rid of the mounted library by simply unmounting them from the media management window.

You cannot get rid of the search result window either. Cant even close it, for the next results will be zero. Old bug too.
...Gracefully Ignored...

geddy75

Postby geddy75 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09

Thank you for reply.

Old Bug... :(
I have to use very short folder name.
PMX 12 + Masscore + Windows 10 + Hapi + Anubis

rathammer

Postby rathammer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 20:09

this has been a problem for ages, same in the CD Text grid and many other fields and cells. Obviously nobody seems to be bothered enough. I stopped purchasing upgrades until those basic things are fixed. All the "major upgrades" feature things that at least for me are not really relevant (10 million tracks, network audio etc) instead of fixing 10 year old bugs and problems. Well, it seems I will work with my old version for a long time to come :-)

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:45

This has been finally fixed: from release notes 11.1(!):

GAIA-543/1160/955: Fixed. Hovering over file path should show the entire path name in
all windows

I'd given up hope years ago. And behold! Will this mark the beginning of a turnout? If that's the case, I have a long list of bugs and inconsistencies. I might even go out and buy PMX 11 :)
...Gracefully Ignored...

DJS

Postby DJS » Tue Feb 27, 2018 22:36

It might be wise to assemble a list of long requested bug fixes or missing basic functionality (like new file while in record). And rank them for importance. I, too, get frustrated with new features that only Big Audio will use, while some very basic UI everyday issues persist. Don't get me wrong, I love using PMX, but some basic UI problems make life difficult or unnecessarily slow.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:41

DJS wrote:Big Audio
Looool.

I consider myself Big Audio too, and most companies that own Pyramix-systems all fall into that same category. The distinction is not one of size, but of money spend. That is not the same, but it defines the focus of the company. Should we be happy that PMX is now compatible with China? Obviously yes! :)
...Gracefully Ignored...

DJS

Postby DJS » Wed Feb 28, 2018 23:07

Yes, by Big Audio I mean organisations doing 22.2 NHK, big sports broadcasters, eurovision, museums, stadium and concert PA sound etc. Immersive is a dirty word. :)
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia