Instruction videos Pyramix

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Gaston69

Instruction videos Pyramix

Postby Gaston69 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:02

Hi Folks,

I am still on Pro Tools 12 however would like to make the move to Pyramix however I find very little Pyramix instruction videos online compared to for example Pro Tools.
This is one of the reasons why I have not made the switch yet, where can I find Pyramix Instruction Videos online?

Gaston Matthijsse

fl

Re: Instruction videos Pyramix

Postby fl » Wed Jul 12, 2017 15:27

While it's true that there are far more videos available regarding Pro Tools - most which do NOT originate from AVID - Merging is constantly adding instructional videos to YouTube, most of which can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/MergingTechnologies. In addition, there is much information to be found, just not in the form of video presentations.

Merging provides a rather extensive online Knowledge Base found here: https://confluence.merging.com/display/ ... ledge+Base. This came into being only a couple of years ago, but Merging personnel are adding to it constantly, and it is a great resource.

In addition, there is no shortage of expertise to be found right here in this forum, although this requires you to be able to verbalize your concerns, even though as a newcomer you might lack the specific terminology - that's always a problem whether you're talking about DAWs or car repairs. Nevertheless, all of us here have gone through (and continue to go through) the rather steep learning curve attached to becoming fluent with Pyramix and the other Merging Technologies products. We don't bite (much), so please feel free to ask away.

Last but not least, there is the manual, which can be downloaded from here: http://www.merging.com/uploads/assets/I ... Manual.pdf. While there are better manuals for other products in the world, at least it provides a starting point. Unfortunately, many entries are of the "The Frunobulax Control is the control used to vary the degree of the Frunobulax function."which links to "Frunobulax Function: controlled by the Frunobulax Control." variety, or something equally mystifying, but at least it can get you into the neighbourhood of the correct terminology which will allow you to make posts to this forum which will be meaningful to long-time users, and get you the help you need.

Finally, if you are serious about getting into the program, speak with your country's distributor about obtaining a trial authorization key so that you can just dive in for yourself. Depending on where in the world you are, you may find that there are other users near to you who could be willing to provide some initial assistance. If you're in the U.K., there is actual instruction available. While there are not as many Pyramix users worldwide as there are Pro Tools users, there are more and more of us every day, so getting up to speed might not be as difficult as it appears at first.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

J.Wajer

Postby J.Wajer » Thu Jul 13, 2017 13:39

fl wrote:"The Frunobulax Control is the control used to vary the degree of the Frunobulax function."which links to "Frunobulax Function: controlled by the Frunobulax Control."

Absolutely made my day.
...Gracefully Ignored...

charlienyc

Postby charlienyc » Thu Jul 13, 2017 19:24

J.Wajer wrote:
fl wrote:"The Frunobulax Control is the control used to vary the degree of the Frunobulax function."which links to "Frunobulax Function: controlled by the Frunobulax Control."

Absolutely made my day.

What is the default keyboard shortcut for the Frunobulax Function anyway? I can't find it in the list... :lol:
MassCore v14.0.5 Win10/64 i9-10900 & i9-11900K, Avid S3
3x Horus = 80 In/24 Out @PCM
Native V14 Win10/64 i7-12700K miniDSP UDIO-8, Avid S1 & nob controller
Native V14 Win10/64 ThinkPad P51 i7-7700HQ w/Hapi