waves plugins

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Stephen Rinker

waves plugins

Postby Stephen Rinker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 14:01

Hi

Will waves plugins work with Pyramix? Silly question? three of us have spent the best part of the morning trying to get pyramix to see a multiband compressor. Scrupulous about scanning the right VST path. Before anyone suggests a waves installation or licencing issue Reaper picked up aforesaid plugins immediately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stephen

Arnoud

Re: waves plugins

Postby Arnoud » Sun Jul 02, 2017 17:58

Yes, I have several waves plugins running on a Pyramix 10 native system.

Best regards,

Arnoud
Pmx v10 Hapi Macbook pro windows 7

Silas

Postby Silas » Sun Jul 02, 2017 18:59

I also have some Waves plugins running and know others who are successfully running Mercury Bundles etc. I recall that you had to use specific versions of the plugins to be compatible with Pyramix but I'm not sure which version works well with V10 (it may not be the most recent Waves version). As soon as I'm back in the studio I can check what Waves version I'm running.

-Silas
Silas Brown
Legacy Sound
MassCore #1 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i7-8700k, 32 gig Ram, Pyramix V11.1
MassCore #2 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, QuadCore, 16 gig, Pyramix V9
Native - Lenovo Laptop, Windows 7 64-bit, i7, 8 gig, Pyramix V10

Silas

Postby Silas » Mon Jul 03, 2017 19:16

Following up with details - on my Pyramix MassCore V10.1:

Waves Central V1.0.2.2
Waveshell -VST v9.6

Hope this helps,
Silas
Silas Brown
Legacy Sound
MassCore #1 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i7-8700k, 32 gig Ram, Pyramix V11.1
MassCore #2 - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, QuadCore, 16 gig, Pyramix V9
Native - Lenovo Laptop, Windows 7 64-bit, i7, 8 gig, Pyramix V10

SteveCeltic

Postby SteveCeltic » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:52

I am fairly new to Pyramix and had some issues getting Waves to work.

1. I couldn’t log onto Waves Central. – remedy is to disable the Video card (goto Control Panel, System, Device Manager, Display Adapter, then right click and disable. Log onto Waves Central and sort out what you need). Then reenable the video card when done. This is an issue with Waves.
2. The SSL plugins would only show as black boxes. Oddly, I could control the knobs by guessing where they were. All other waves plugins were fine. Uninstall and re install of the SSL plugins cured this.

Julian Gough

Postby Julian Gough » Fri Jul 07, 2017 23:57

Stephen Rinker wrote:Hi

Will waves plugins work with Pyramix? Silly question? three of us have spent the best part of the morning trying to get pyramix to see a multiband compressor. Scrupulous about scanning the right VST path. Before anyone suggests a waves installation or licencing issue Reaper picked up aforesaid plugins immediately.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Yesterday I purchased and downloaded the Waves C6 multiband compressor and the L3 MultiMaximizer, so they would be very up to date versions. The plugins are destined for a different host but when I saw you post I moved the licenses to a laptop that had Pyramix Native v10.2.0.

I have managed to install both the C6 and L3 onto a fader strip. and they appear to pass audio. I did nothing special, the Waves Central installed it in the standard location which Pyramix looks at when it boots. The plugins just appeared in the VST list.

Sorry I cannot be any more helpful apart from saying that it should work. The Waves website states that v10.1 is a recognised host, using VST not VST3.

Good Luck,

Julian

Jesse.Lewis

Postby Jesse.Lewis » Mon Sep 04, 2017 17:11

THANK YOU!!! I have been struggling to get Waves installed. This fixed.

Jesse