Naming Merging I/O

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Larry Elliott

Naming Merging I/O

Postby Larry Elliott » Mon Apr 24, 2017 02:40

Is there anyway to assign a "name" to Horus or Hapi units?

Rather than find them be serial numbers, finding "Ceiling" or "Stage Left" would be very convenient.

Thank you

Masato.Y

Re: Naming Merging I/O

Postby Masato.Y » Mon Apr 24, 2017 13:57

Hello Larry,

The way to assign a name to Horus or Hapi is as follows.

open MTDiscovery > select device > right click > select [open advanced ] > input new name into the [device name] column .

I hope this helps you.

Masato .Y

mpdonahue

Postby mpdonahue » Mon Apr 24, 2017 17:24

What I think Larry is asking for is a feature we have been asking for since we received our first Horus almost 6 years ago.....
What you suggest changes the device name in Easy Connect, but when you go to the "Route" tab in the PMX Mixer, all you see is an ocean of AD1. If you have 3 Horus boxes in different places all you see is three different sources called "AD1". Most folks don't have more than a single set of converters on the network, but we often have 4 or 5 different "AD1" from the different devices scattered around the building. Trying to do any kind of quick routing in the mixer becomes a game of Russian Roulette.
In theory, this should be easier in the new Easy connect, but being able to see it in PMX is of paramount importance.
Ricardo Ryan, are you or anybocy from Merging monitoring this board? If so, some form of acknowledgement of the status of this request would be nice.
All the best,
Mark Donahue
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Mon Apr 24, 2017 22:18

Thank you Mark. That is indeed what I was asking
Larry

Masato.Y

Postby Masato.Y » Tue Apr 25, 2017 09:29

Now it makes sense to me.
That is indeed annoyng.

I regularly use two HORUSs. But one has AD cards while another one has ADA cards.
Fortunately it was easy to find each one. So I was not thinking about that until now.

Masato.Y

nsquire

Postby nsquire » Sat Apr 29, 2017 18:39

Not entirely recommended, but if you give up on using Easy Connect and do all of your routing with the advanced routing pages (which can be a pain but definitely has its advantages), you can name your sources and have them show up in the Pyramix routing page named in a more user friendly way. For example, multiple ADA cards located in multiple Horus could be named: Ceiling 1-8, Ceiling 9-16, Stage Left 17-24, Stage Left 25-32 -- And show up in Pyramix as such. Example

In case you are not familiar with this method, it can be achieved by right clicking on a Horus in MT Discovery and clicking 'Open Advanced'. Once there, go to the 'Session Sources' tab and create a Source derived from your AD card (or input of choice) named how you want it displayed within Pyramix. Then from MT Discovery, right click Pyramix and 'open'. Once there, Sink the source you just created in the 'Session Sinks' tab. Once this is sinked, it will then show up in Pyramix with a slightly more useful name. There seems to be some weird character limitation bugs related to this method but it more or less works...

Maybe this is helpful! Or maybe not... Good Luck!

Nick

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Tue May 23, 2017 14:27

Hi,

We have corrected the AD reported naming for the next Pyramix major release.

Best Regards,
Ricardo