Can't Install P7, nor 8, nor 9 on win7 32bit

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Vangelis

Can't Install P7, nor 8, nor 9 on win7 32bit

Postby Vangelis » Mon Sep 26, 2016 17:56

Hello,
I have managed to install Pyramix 9 on a fresh-clean Windows installation PC...
But I can't do it on an old disk that I worked on recently...
An attempt to update from 8 to 9 gave out errors and has somehow blocked windows from installing any version at all.

The thing I notice is that everytime I attempt to install a Pyramix version (tried 7,8 and 9), the installer, after doing some work "rolls back" and exits the final installation.
Yes, I have uninstalled previous versions prior to installing new ones.
My config is Win7 32bit, 2 Mykerinos cards Pyramix masscore.

Thank you in advance.

Vangelis
Planet REC music productions.
Vangelis Spanakakis, producer - artist.

fl

Re: Can't Install P7, nor 8, nor 9 on win7 32bit

Postby fl » Mon Sep 26, 2016 19:48

Are you trying to install to your "old disk" while it's attached to your current computer, running Windows from its internal disk - meaning that you are trying to install it to an "external" disk? If so, you may be encountering some permissions issues related to the disk in its current state (of being external). Try running the installer(s) as System Administrator, or look at the Properties for your "old" disk and adjust the permissions so that "anyone" can access it.
(This may be more of a Windows problem, than a Pyramix problem.)
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13

Vangelis

Postby Vangelis » Mon Sep 26, 2016 19:59

No, I am having a dual boot system.
On one boot everything is ok cause I made a format and fresh win install...

On the other boot I am trying to keep my old (by "old" I mean the installation I was working on until everything went bad) windows installation and all my progs and plugins, cause it is too much work to re-install everything.
On that disk it is that I can't install Pyramix.
Planet REC music productions.

Vangelis Spanakakis, producer - artist.

fl

Postby fl » Mon Sep 26, 2016 20:17

I'm guessing that this is the same system that you posted about here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11936 Sadly, saying "I'm getting blue screens!" does little to fully describe what's going on, so anything I'm saying is just a wild guess. Also, I don't have a Masscore system, nor have I ever run one, so I have no idea what that does to a standard Window install.

Did you ever manage to get the correct MT Cleanup utility directly from Merging? That might put things into the state where you can do a fresh install once again. You can still have permission problems though, so try what I suggested last message.

Microsoft's updates have been getting dodgier and dodgier as the months go by - did you install any from September? The one for .NET? If so, try rolling that back to see if things improve...
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13