DiscWrite Problem

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Larry Elliott

DiscWrite Problem

Postby Larry Elliott » Sat Aug 27, 2016 09:19

DiscWrite is not seeing the hardware installed. Seems like I need to reinstall drivers.

Where can I find these or should I reinstall Pyramix?

Thanks

Larry

fl

Re: DiscWrite Problem

Postby fl » Sat Aug 27, 2016 16:00

Which version of Windows? What does the Windows Device Manager have to say about the presence or absence of your Optical Disk drive's Drivers? Enabled? I wouldn't suggest updating those beyond what Pyramix installed...

Make sure that you have not disabled any Printer drivers in your Windows Device Manager. I found this could affect DiskWrite in just this way. (This makes sense when you remember that the Report Creation and Outputting functions are coded into DiskWrite.)

A Pyramix re-install, using the "Repair" option should solve your issue, since the optical drive drivers are installed at that time. It's certainly easy enough to try. Don't forget to re-start the computer.

In previous versions of Pyramix there were some issues with the GEAR optical drive drivers, but I believe that with the advent of version 10, Merging started coding their own optical drive drivers. I'd ask Merging directly for clarification on this issue.

Make sure that DiskWrite is in the Disk Creation mode, and not Publishing - that's tripped me up on a couple of occasions. When DiskWrite first starts up, are you saying that nothing appears in the little window at the bottom of the DiskWrite display? No details about your drive appear?
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.1.5/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.124

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Sun Aug 28, 2016 01:03

Thanks you Frank, Did a repair install and all okay now.

Best regards

Larry

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Fri Sep 09, 2016 22:17

HI Larry,

Also not this procedure.
https://confluence.merging.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=13795557

Best Regards,
Ricardo

rsuarez