Dirac alternative

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!

Dirac alternative

Postby wolphman » Mon Jun 27, 2016 22:12

Greetings all,

I'm using Dirac with 10.0.7 running on an Asus G751JT laptop. I'm needing to adjust the timing of .pmf files that are 96k/32bit between 32 and 64 tracks wide. Dirac takes roughly an hour to translate a minute of material. Is there any alternative that anyone knows of? What is the sonic hit like if you reduce Dirac's quality in order to speed things up. I'm trying to intercut live concerts and of course the tempi don't always match.

I was raised by engineers and producers who said that time adjustments were cheating, so I know I'm asking for things that some would consider unnatural. However, the client is always right. On the other hand, waiting an hour to try your edits is frustrating in the extreme.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks!
wolphman

Return to Pyramix General