Izotope RX crashing with regularity in v10-Resolved

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
phaseboy

Re: Izotope RX crashing with regularity in v10

Postby phaseboy » Wed Jul 20, 2016 06:25

mpdonahue wrote:
archive wrote:How does monitoring work when playing clips within the Renovator window? Is it through the mixer on the channels the clips are rendered from?
Yes, through the mixer.
the one thing you can't do while rendering is modify the mixer (Solo, etc...) while rendering. I haven't checked in a long time, but you used to be able to to do stuff though eucon with a controller while in render.
All the best,
-mark

With a control surface you can adjust the mixer, plus solo, mute etc... while in renovator. Everything works - it's just the GUI is locked in focus on the reNOVAtor window. Besides the mixer I also use my controller to flip between mix busses (stereo/surround/etc...) while the Nova window is open. In actual fact if you have an iPad it's worth downloading Avid's Pro Tools Control App and installing Eucon - even with no other controller the track view in the ipad app is really fast for navigation of the mixer and solo/mute/etc... (Tracks view not fader view).

Best,

Mark
Mark S. Willsher
http://www.pin3hot.com

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Wed Jul 27, 2016 05:38

Bonus: Renovator will also work in Sequoia and Wavelab, too.

Bonus #2: You can write a macro to automatically select a 3-second area around an identified noise and directly go to the Renovator window. Perfect for those all-night piano bench squeak removal sessions...

archive wrote:Just reporting back that Renovator is as advertised and the tight integration into the render window is wonderful. No doubt it's expensive but it will more than pay for itself in time saved vs RX.

Best,

- J.
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

StephenMarsh

Postby StephenMarsh » Wed Dec 28, 2016 19:36

I wanted to report back that I've recently updated to RX5 advanced from RX4 advanced and it has been VERY STABLE with 10.1.4 going through the effects rack back and forth. Still crossing my fingers for tighter integration with Izotope but at least I've stopped popping new forehead-shaped dents in my wall :)

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:48

Graemme wrote: You can write a macro to automatically select a 3-second area around an identified noise and directly go to the Renovator window. Perfect for those all-night piano bench squeak removal

Graemme, I would be most grateful if you could send me this macro..

Best regards

Larry