Offline clip issue

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
per

Offline clip issue

Postby per » Wed Mar 23, 2016 18:39

Here's a peculiar issue:

I just received a project file from the producer I'm working with and opened it on my computer. We both have the same data files (*.pmf). Since he had another path to his data files, Pyramix asked me where to find the files, as usual. We the project opened after reconnecting to my media files, one clip (take-195) was still marked as off-line. I checked and that file is indeed in the same folder as the other media files. Looking at the properties for the off-line clip, the file path was referring to the producer's disk, while the paths for all other files were changed to the media folder on my computer.

I tried the reconnect media files feature, but that didn't work.

Anyone out there who has encountered something similar to this? Any clues?
Cheers
Per
Sound Processing AB
Sweden

Little tribeca

Re: Offline clip issue

Postby Little tribeca » Sat Apr 02, 2016 13:15

Hello,

We had the same issue but never found the problem....
The only solution was to copy the missing file from the machine where it was recorded on, then to replace it into the media folder
And if this solution does not work, copy the machine where it was recorded on, then to create a folder in the root of the hard drive, you will call this folder: merging tech support ,then open your project and mount this folder. it it works then you can try to move this folder into your media files folder.

All the best

per

Postby per » Sat Apr 02, 2016 13:20

Yes!

I think that the problem this time was a corrupted pmf file (also in my backup). This must have happened when I copied the files from the recording machine. Problem solved anyway.

Many thanks.
Per
Sound Processing AB
Sweden

Larry Elliott

Postby Larry Elliott » Sat Apr 02, 2016 23:22

May I ask how you corrected the pmf file?

Larry

per

Postby per » Mon Apr 04, 2016 08:51

Yes, of course.

Luckily, I still had the original file on the recording machine :)
In this case, the producer had a clean copy of the file too, so that would have been the second alternative.
Per
Sound Processing AB
Sweden