Change Envlope to Autmation

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Masato.Y

Change Envlope to Autmation

Postby Masato.Y » Fri Jan 29, 2016 05:07

Hi everyone,

If you import AAF project (e.g. from PT), envolope curves will appear on the timeline.
Is there a method to change envelope to Automation?

Thanks.

Masato.Y

J.Wajer

Re: Change Envlope to Autmation

Postby J.Wajer » Fri Jan 29, 2016 09:42

Nope. I have asked this many times before. It took a lot of persuation to get them to acknowledge this.

It seems Merging has little customer inside. What has happened in the last five years in our television/internet/phone multimedia landscape is rather unknown to them. And I do not have the feeling that this is going to change anytime soon. They rather focus on esotheric stuff, like 3d audio and more colors in the mixer.

Your suggestion is one of the last things I tried to convince them. It is absolutely neccesary to have this, off course. First thing I do when I recieve an AAF (approx: three times a day) is Ctrl-Shift-R...remove envelopes. Why? Because they are very confusing. Imagine clips dropping in volume without your fader moving! And no, you cannot view these curves at all, since they are heavily in the way of normal editing. And also because editing these curves is still very very primitive. Also, many envelopes are straight just linear lines, right out of the editsuite, very ugly fades indeed.

But I almost forgot I stopped giving input since this wasnt appreciated.
...Gracefully Ignored...

Masato.Y

Re: Change Envelope to Autmation

Postby Masato.Y » Fri Jan 29, 2016 13:24

Hi J.Wajer,

Thank you very much for your reply.
After the posting I suspected that since many people didn't need this function, pyramix didn't have it.
But now, I am encouraged by your opinion.

Many thanks.

Masato.Y