Creating Red Book CD from DSD256 session

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
morls

Creating Red Book CD from DSD256 session

Postby morls » Thu Dec 10, 2015 13:30

Hi,

I have a couple of questions regarding getting a DSD project onto CD...
I've tried the standard method I use with PCM, i.e. set up CD markers and create an image. This doesn't seem to work for DSD sessions though, so I must be missing something. Do I need to render or convert to DXD or anything else before I can create a CD image? I was hoping all the necessary selections could be made when creating the image, but I can't get that far.

There are no edits in the DSD session. I'm running through analog gear to mix and add effects, and the recording this onto 2 DSD tracks from which I want to burn the CD.

In a related issue, I cannot mix down individual tracks that I've highlighted, and then selected "mix down" from the Project menu. The message I get is "The mixdown is disabled. Please enable it in the DSP Power Saving page of the mixer settings". When I go to this page the option "Disable Mix Down" is checked, but greyed out, so I can't make any changes. I don't understand why.

If anybody could help, that'd be much appreciated.

Cheers

Stephen
Masscore 48 Mastering
HAPI with AD-P/DA-P Modules

mpdonahue

Re: Creating Red Book CD from DSD256 session

Postby mpdonahue » Thu Dec 10, 2015 15:09

You need to do this in a DXD session. DSD session is basically a player/recorder.
All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

morls

Re: Creating Red Book CD from DSD256 session

Postby morls » Thu Dec 10, 2015 23:36

Thanks Mark,
Stephen