Short question, selecting in Source destination mode

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
just.sounds

Short question, selecting in Source destination mode

Postby just.sounds » Thu Dec 03, 2015 13:18

Hi, i'm finding my way in pyramix but this i can't figure out myself. When i'm in source destination mode it seems that i can't select clips by clicking on them or use the normal timeline edit tools. How can i toggle between "normal" and source destination editing?

Thanks in advance!!!

Arnoud

Re: Short question, selecting in Source destination mode

Postby Arnoud » Thu Dec 03, 2015 18:21

Have you tried holding Q on your keyboard while clicking on the clip?

In SD editing selecting a clip has to be done this way, to prevent clips from being accidentaly moved.

Best regards

arnoud
Pmx v10 Hapi Macbook pro windows 7

fl

Postby fl » Thu Dec 03, 2015 18:31

I believe that what you are encountering is not caused by being in "Source-Destination" editing mode, but rather because of the options selected for the Track Groups you are using (presumably, one for Source and one for Destination). This is especially true if you began with the "Source-Destination Editing" Template that comes with Pyramix.

Go to the Track Groups Tab, and deselect the columns for "Markers Locked" and "No Selection".

Leave "Auto Solo" and "Auto Collapse" on.

Optionally, leave "Show Scale" on for all Track Groups, or use it just for the Destination Track (assuming that you have it placed lower down on the screen than your Source Track Group. Same deal with "Keep Cursor" and "Free Zoom" - leave them on for one, but not for the other, as you prefer.

Do leave "Solo", "Mute", "Record", "Monitoring", "Display", "Show/Hide", "Size", "Color", "Sync", and "Automation" on for all Track Groups.

If you find that even after doing all this, you still cannot move Clips in the Timeline, go to the Clips menu at the top of the main window, and make sure that you haven't enabled "Lock Horizontal Drag".
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64
Bootcamp 5.1.5621
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.125

just.sounds

Postby just.sounds » Fri Dec 04, 2015 00:50

Thanks Guys!! :D going to try this first thing in the morning. And yes it is the template :cry: Ducktape did not solve my problem this time.

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:16

After de-selecting 'No Selection' in the track groups, you can now hold down the 'Q' key when clicking on a waveform and it will position your cursor to the mouse location without altering any selected audio you have. Basically, it's the inverse of the 'No-Selection' setting. Anyway, just experiment with the 'tracks' and 'track groups' fields...lots of room to make Pyramix work the way you'd like it to.
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

just.sounds

Postby just.sounds » Sat Dec 05, 2015 14:15

too....much....possibilities..... 8O

Arnoud

Postby Arnoud » Sun Dec 06, 2015 17:07

Maybe you can specify what you want to do? Then we can give you advise on how to do that.

Best regards, Arnoud
Pmx v10 Hapi Macbook pro windows 7

just.sounds

Postby just.sounds » Mon Dec 07, 2015 18:40

Nothing specific i was just gazing to all options a track can have. :) Sorted it out though with source dest editing.

I am curious tough, is there is a display option that displays all playlists that you recorded and lets you choose between different takes? A bit like "lanes" in other programs. This would be killer for voice overs and dialog replacement.

fl

Postby fl » Mon Dec 07, 2015 21:59

There's an icon in the Track Header (to the left of the main Timeline) for any track in a Group, which allows you to select the Playlist. It looks like a list...

Similarly, they're all laid out for you in the Playlists Tab.

You can set up Playlists to encompass all tracks, or just some of them, so you could indeed have various takes of a vocal or solo instrument available to you while the backing tracks remain the same.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64
Bootcamp 5.1.5621
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.125