HAPI PCIe card not connecting

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
draudio2u

HAPI PCIe card not connecting

Postby draudio2u » Thu Oct 08, 2015 22:54

Hello,
Have a new HAPI connecting to a Dell rack workstation running WIndows 7Pro and PMX9.1.8. Was running system natively but I do have the license for Masscore. Turned on Masscore, reboot etc., but no recognition of HAPI. Checked Network Connections and the PCIe HAPI network card doesn't show up. he card also does not show in Device Manager (and there are no warnings about "unknown" devices).

Confirmed CAT6 cable is good but connecting it to one of the computers ethernet ports - Network manager noticed data packets. Confirmed HAPI PCIe card by connecting internet CAT6 to it, card light turned on and went green.

Anyone seen this / have solutions? I already uninstalled PMX and reinstalled thinking the driver for the new PCIe card was in the PMX install.

Thank you.

mpdonahue

Re: HAPI PCIe card not connecting

Postby mpdonahue » Sun Oct 11, 2015 16:52

It won't work until you complete the masscore authorization successfully (start menu – interval zero runtime – activation and configuration), then reboot a total of four times. Once to complete the masscore authorization, once to make the card show up, once to clear the cable not connected message,and once more for good measure… I know this sounds convoluted, which it is, but unfortunately it's what you need to do to get masscore nic running.
Good luck,
All the best,
Mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

draudio2u

Postby draudio2u » Mon Oct 12, 2015 22:38

Thank you for the advise. I ran interval zero runtime, logged in the masscore key, and reboot as suggested. Still not showing up in Windows Network settings or in VS3 or in Ravenna Control panel. In MT Discovery, it does not see Hapi, and when I click on Horus, it does nothing.

Curious, in RTX64 under device manager, I get "RTX64 Plug and Play Driver" but there is a small ? on the icon. Can you confirm which driver your PMX system downloaded for the NIC? I was told this happens automatically when you install Masscore.

Thanks

mpdonahue

Postby mpdonahue » Tue Oct 13, 2015 13:47

Have you uninstalled The merging Ravenna ASIO driver?
These two do not play well together.
Also, have you verified that the device shows up in your device manager?
All the best
Mark

Mark Donahue

Soundmirror, Inc.

Boston, MA

mark@soundmirror.com

www.soundmirror.com

draudio2u

Postby draudio2u » Wed Oct 14, 2015 18:13

I got it working when I placed the MergingNIC card in a dedicated slot, not on a riser PCIe slot.

Problem I am having now is I get RED MSC spikes when I build test projects. Thoughts? DAW is locked via "Easy Force" on Ravenna EasyConnect.

Thanks

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Wed Oct 14, 2015 18:20

Which videocard are you using?
Have you disabled C-state, turbo mode, etc.

draudio2u

Postby draudio2u » Wed Oct 14, 2015 18:49

Not sure on video card. Device manager states I have Generic PnP Monitor, and AMD FirPro 2270 display adaptors.
C-state, turbo mode? Don't know what those things are.

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Wed Oct 14, 2015 19:22

Read the Pyramix v9.1 installation guide and follow the recommendations.
Pay close attention to the chapter on PC setup.