Automation on VCA

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Little tribeca

Automation on VCA

Postby Little tribeca » Thu Sep 17, 2015 19:43

Dear Pyramix users,

I have to do some more editing after having mixed using the VCA with automations.
The problem is when i insert a new take and it changes a little bit the timing on the timeline, the automations on VCA are not following whereas i'm in Auto ripple mode.

Can somebody propose me an issue for this matter?

Best regards

fl

Re: Automation on VCA

Postby fl » Fri Sep 18, 2015 19:45

Have you enabled the Edit Menu > Automation > Link to Media Content?

While you're there, make sure that you "Enable Automation Editing", if it's not in that state already.

Now, Select All Clips, then position your cursor to the point where you wish to insert the new/different material, and do so, using the "Place" process, from the Media Manager. With Auto-Ripple enabled, all your existing clips should be shifted to the right following the new insertion, and the Automation should travel along with it. You may have to tweak some of the Automation points at or near the boundaries of the newly inserted material, but that should be fairly straight-forward.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.1.5/Native Music 9.1.10
Win7 Pro SP1 64/32
Bootcamp 5.1.5621/4.0.4033
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)/MacBook Pro 3.1 (Core2Duo)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.124

Little tribeca

Postby Little tribeca » Fri Sep 18, 2015 20:48

Hello

Thanks for your reply but i already enabled Automation editing and also link to media content.
I use source/destination editing, i dont use the "place" process because it would take too long. so in my source i put a gate in and gate out and auto edit to destination so logically it can move the timeline when i change the position of the fade between 2 different takes and my automations dont move... it's quite a pity and i lose a lot of time because of this. There is no explanation in the manual about this.

I hope somebody have the solution!

Best regards

Arnoud

Postby Arnoud » Sat Sep 19, 2015 22:57

Hi,

I had a similar problem in the past when testing PMX 9. At that time I was still on version 7. My dealer passed my question on to Merging. This was there reply:

The VCA automation does not move with the clips, the only exception is, if in Automation drop down menu > Automation Tracks, you have enabled “VCA follow Masters” option, and you are in AutoRipple mode, or you use Cut/Paste/Delete & Ripple and Insert silence editing functions.

Could you please make sure this option is turned on, as well as Edit > Automation Editing > Enable Automation Editing & Link to Media Content.
Pmx v10 Hapi Macbook pro windows 7

phaseboy

Postby phaseboy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 00:16

One option (if practical for you) would be to remove the faders from the VCA groups and coalesce the VCA automation to the individual tracks.

Best Regards,

Mark
Mark S. Willsher
http://www.pin3hot.com