Windows 10

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
tas

Re: Windows 10

Postby tas » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:54

btw I have taken the plunge and am running pmx10 native on a mac pro running bootcamp with win10. I know, I am a sick individual.

so far, only one major issue, plugin windows get stuck if you disable it while open and you cannot move or hide it, unless you reopen the project
PMX 8.0.12 Native, Windows 7 Ultimate, MacPro, Bootcamp 4.0, RME MadiFX

DJS

Postby DJS » Thu Jan 28, 2016 22:23

tas wrote:plugin windows get stuck if you disable it while open and you cannot move or hide it, unless you reopen the project

Interesting, I have noticed the same thing on rare occasions and thought it was an Ozone 7 bug. What makes you think it is a W10 issue?
Last edited by DJS on Fri Jan 29, 2016 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

tas

Postby tas » Fri Jan 29, 2016 16:39

just the guilt trip of not being on a compatible OS. Do you experience this on win7?

btw drag n drop of media files does not work either on my machine.

DJS

Postby DJS » Fri Jan 29, 2016 23:30

tas wrote:just the guilt trip of not being on a compatible OS.

PMX10 is certified for W8.1 and 10 will not have any changes to fundamentals from 8.1.

Do you experience this on win7?

Haven't run W7 for at least 12 months on any of my machines.

btw drag n drop of media files does not work either on my machine.

Works fine here.

The reason I think the plugin popup is not a W10 bug is that it is very intermittent for me and only seems to happen on the Izotope plugs. I raised a support issue with them, but no answer yet.

I have been doing recording and mastering with PMX10/W10 ever since PMX10 was out and no problems on two laptops or a desktop, apart from that plugin box sticking.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

tas

Postby tas » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:42

thanks for the info David. In my case it happens to any of the plugins that I use, for example Flux (vst)

Ricardo Ryan
Site Admin

Postby Ricardo Ryan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 15:46

Hi,

> PMX10 is certified for W8.1 and 10 will not have any changes to fundamentals from 8.1.

Pyramix v10 Native is currently certified for Windows 7 and 8.1 but not yet for Windows 10.
We do acknowledge that some issues might be similar on both of these OS. We are already aware of the Drag And Drop issue (Typically using the "F" key to duplicate medias to lower tracks) and we will look into the pluging GUI issue.

As for MassCore it is not in our plans to support it for Windows 8.1 we are rather looking at the MassCore Windows 10 support. But prior to that our IntervalZero partner must first support Windows 10, which should be done in a near future.

Best Regards,
Ricardo

Julian Gough

Postby Julian Gough » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:47

Ricardo Ryan wrote:Pyramix v10 Native is currently certified for Windows 7 and 8.1 but not yet for Windows 10.

With just 1 month to go before the free upgrade option goes away, how close are we to Windows 10 being certified for PMX Native?

From what I can work out, those who have jumped into the Windows 10 pool say it works. I am currently using Win 8.1 for a PMX/Ovation Native rig on a touch screen laptop and are having a few problems which may or may not be OS related. I just need the time to sit down and sort it out, which I probably won't now get until August.

But with the clock ticking, I am now considering going to Windows 10, if I do make the jump and still have the problems, I don't want to have the conversation with Merging and them saying that since they don't support Windows 10, they won't help me.

Julian

fl

Postby fl » Wed Jun 29, 2016 14:53

I've avoided Win10 like the plague, but my understanding is that you can agree to get the free Win10 upgrade, install it, and then revert to the system version you had before, provided you do it within, I think, a month. After doing this, you'll have your registration codes as a fully authorized Win10 owner, allowing you to perform the upgrade at any point in the future, for no additional fee.

My own feeling is that if you go this route, it's a good plan to first make a complete image backup of the current Win7 or 8 disk, which you can use to re-establish proper functioning after you do the reversion from 10 (those who simply revert have reported problems).

I've learned most of what I know about Win10 from reading the "Ask Woody" website - http://www.askwoody.com
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13