How to produce 32 bit files from Album Publishing

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
mpdonahue

Re: How to produce 32 bit files from Album Publishing

Postby mpdonahue » Tue Jul 14, 2015 17:48

I assume that this feature will make it into the next version of Album Publishing in the drop down menu choices...
All the best,
-mark
Mark Donahue
Soundmirror, Inc.
Boston, MA
mark@soundmirror.com
www.soundmirror.com

mpdonahue

Postby mpdonahue » Mon Mar 21, 2016 20:18

DJS wrote:David Jacques from Merging came to the rescue. Here's how to get 32 bit files rendered from Album Publishing. Brilliant. It works. Many thanks David.

You may manually edit the Album Publishing setting file:
Make sure that in the Album Publishing output format list, you have 1 WAV entry.
Close Pyramix
Browse to C:/Users/YourUSerName/AppData/Roaming/Merging Technologies/Pyramix/Settings and edit “Last_AlbumPublishingFormat_Settings.pms with Notepad (or Notepad ++)
For your Wav file entry, edit “Output Wordlength val=”32”
Save this setting file.

In Pyramix (or in DiscWrite), you may now create WAV file32 bits.

gbEDIT: Making this solution into a sticky in the 'Troubleshooting and Tips' section ...Thanks David and David!

Resurrecting this to let folks know that this does not create proper 32 bit files!!!
All MTFF files that are created using digital delivery > album publishing are 24 bit only! doing the above process takes your 32 bit files and outputs them as 24 bit then just pads them with zeros to make a 32 bit file.
The only way to make 32 bit files is to the the Render mode in the edl.
All the best,
-mark

Mark Donahue

Soundmirror, Inc.

Boston, MA

mark@soundmirror.com

www.soundmirror.com

DJS

Postby DJS » Tue Mar 22, 2016 23:04

mpdonahue wrote:Resurrecting this to let folks know that this does not create proper 32 bit files!!!
All MTFF files that are created using digital delivery > album publishing are 24 bit only! doing the above process takes your 32 bit files and outputs them as 24 bit then just pads them with zeros to make a 32 bit file.
The only way to make 32 bit files is to the the Render mode in the edl.
All the best,
-mark

Thanks Mark, I wonder if David Jacques knows this? :)

I checked the files generated were 32 bit, they were, but I didn't check the last 8 bits were not zeroes! Will revisit this process.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

DJS

Postby DJS » Sun Apr 03, 2016 07:57

mpdonahue wrote:The only way to make 32 bit files is to the the Render mode in the edl.

I cannot see how one renders the master bus stereo output. The Render process seems to only apply to track clips. Do you mean MixDown?
David Spearritt

mpdonahue

Postby mpdonahue » Sun Apr 03, 2016 15:28

Yes, you need to mix down to 32 bit files and then render them into the individual track files.
The basic takeaway here is that Album publishing is 24 bit only.
All the best,
-mark

Mark Donahue

Soundmirror, Inc.

Boston, MA

mark@soundmirror.com

www.soundmirror.com

DJS

Postby DJS » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:49

mpdonahue wrote:Yes, you need to mix down to 32 bit files and then render them into the individual track files. -mark

Thanks Mark.

But this is completely onerous trying to export many "songs" from the Destination track in an SD project, each containing many edits and clips. Despite rendering with split by groups option, I just get many of the clips making up each song mixed and replaced as separate clips ending up in a mess. Its dysfunctional and doesn't appear to work as designed.

It seems the only way to export a Destination track containing many edited pieces ("songs") each containing many clips in an SD project, is to use CD markers to define each "song" and then Album Publish. Since AP is broken on its output (no 32 bit) its very frustrating. I am not going to render 40 songs manually each time I want to change some mastering settings.
David Spearritt