Lock Horizontal drag not working 9.1.8

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Arnoud

Lock Horizontal drag not working 9.1.8

Postby Arnoud » Fri May 15, 2015 17:30

Hi,

I have a problem with the lock horizontal drag function on my new PMX system version 9.1.8. I've made a new Source destination editing project from scratch. When I enable the lock horizontal drag function clips can still be moved horizontally in the timeline.
When I place the mouse over a clip the cursor changes to a hand with an X next to it. The other strange thing is that the clip(s) can't be moved vertically to empty tracks. This seems to have nothing to do with the lock horizontally drag function.
I have made a 32 tracks source. When I drag a 6 tracks audioclip from the mediafolder in the timeline to tracks 1-6, it can't be dragged vertically to other tracks. When I drag it again from the mediafolder to track 7-12 for instance, it can't be moved to other tracks. Is this a bug or do I have to make a settings change?

Best regards,

Arnoud
Pmx v10 Hapi Macbook pro windows 7

fl

Re: Lock Horizontal drag not working 9.1.8

Postby fl » Sat May 16, 2015 18:29

I've never seen any thing like the behaviour you describe, with 9.1.8.26726. My horizontal lock works as expected, and I can drag clips to other Tracks without issue. The "hand with an X" icon is what you should see when you are dragging and making a crossfade between two clips (CTRL+drag).

I'd suggest that you try running the Pyramix 9.1.8 installer once again, this time in "Repair" mode, and make sure to turn off any anti-virus/anit-malware software first.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

allemano bernard@neuf.fr

Postby allemano bernard@neuf.fr » Sat May 16, 2015 19:09

Hi,

you can also learn the apendix I : "mouse modifier keys" in the manual user, here, you can get many, many tips ;)

Best regards
pyramix 10 Native; windows 10 64 Bits; Asrock Z 270 PRO 4; intel core i7 7700 4.20 GHz; 16G DDR4;
1 SSD M2 Nvme for system; 1 SSD M2 Nvme for medias; 1 WD Caviar Black 1T. for backups.

Arnoud

Postby Arnoud » Sat May 16, 2015 19:19

I will have a look at the appendix. Do you think I have a wrong setting?

Best regards,

Arnoud

Arnoud

Postby Arnoud » Sat May 16, 2015 21:18

Hello Frank,

Thank you for your answer. The hotfix was installed by my dealer. I have no antivirus software on my PMX computer (MacBook Pro, native with Hapi). Since my new system was delivered I've had several issues.
For example Hapi is not always seen by the mixer. The inputs no.'s will show up in red and there is no incoming signal in PMX. Restart PMX will usually solve this. Connections then are white and inputs can be heard. This situation is random.

I'm also having troubles with the document library. Normally I will make several mixer snapshots with small balance corrections for each song in the timeline and store them in the document library as a base for automation. I've made a session based on Merging's own Source Destination template. This session refuses to store the snapshots in the document library. Only the global library is available. I decided to make a new SD session from scratch and now the document library is available. It seems that the Merging template was created in an earlier version of the software which maybe causes this problem (?).

I will ask my dealer to do a new install.

Best regards,

Arnoud

fl

Postby fl » Sun May 17, 2015 15:55

Yes, it's probably best to get your dealer to iron out your issues, although you should ask for a copy of the newest installer file - it's always handy to have for quick repairs.

The S-D template from Pyramix needed to be modified significantly before I was happy with it, so you're not alone there. Some users have reported that when moving from one version to the next (say, from version 8 to 9), weird problems started showing up with their saved templates until they tweaked and re-saved them in the newer version.

That's a great idea about storing mixer states for later incorporation into automation.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809

Julian Gough

Postby Julian Gough » Sun May 17, 2015 22:46

Arnoud wrote:.......Hapi is not always seen by the mixer. The inputs no.'s will show up in red and there is no incoming signal in PMX. Restart PMX will usually solve this. Connections then are white and inputs can be heard. This situation is random.

I had a few problems with my Horus units not always connecting first time. I usually solved it by rebooting the Horus, sometimes it need two reboots. After contacting Merging, it turned out to be an IP problem. The Merging Network Interface Card had the same address range as the PC's NIC.

The Merging NIC should be 169.254.xxx.xxx. The PC's NIC should be something else, usually 192.168.xxx.xxx

Hope that helps,

Julian

DJS

Postby DJS » Sun May 17, 2015 22:52

Arnoud wrote:For example Hapi is not always seen by the mixer. The inputs no.'s will show up in red and there is no incoming signal in PMX. Restart PMX will usually solve this. Connections then are white and inputs can be heard. This situation is random.

Yes, I still get this occasionally too, and my Ravenna IP range is separate. Its not due to the order of lockup either cause I tested that. So I am still unsure as to the cause, but pleased I am not the only one experiencing it.
David Spearritt
Classical and Acoustic Music, BNE, Australia

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Mon May 18, 2015 09:55

Arnoud,

Welcome to the forum (and the Pyramix learning curve...)

Lock Horizontal Drag works here, in 9.1.8. If you want to move an individual clip (or selection/group) vertically, you can always use the 'CTRL-ALT-SHIFT drag' command. This and many more shortcuts are in the document that Bernard referred to: This is a must-read for anyone new to Pyramix!

Check the keyboard shortcut window (in the 'Settings' menu) for any possible interference between user-assignable shortcuts created here and the Pyramix keyboard modifiers referred to in the 'Command Reference' document.

I also see occasional disconnects between PMX and the Horus but they aren't random: I'm either changing sample rates or switching between MassCore and PMX Native systems, which share the same Horus. It's annoying and yet seems to be less of an issue than it used to be, due to ongoing bug fixes.

Graemme
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Mon May 18, 2015 23:44

Lock Horizontal Drag doesn´t work as should if one of the two options in Pyramix Settings/Application/Drag & Drop is enabled. Can´t remember which one is as I don´t use Pyramix for a long time. It never worked as should. At least in Pyramix V7.1, the last I´ve used.
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card

fl

Postby fl » Tue May 19, 2015 14:11

Paulo M wrote:Lock Horizontal Drag doesn´t work as should if one of the two options in Pyramix Settings/Application/Drag & Drop is enabled.

That would be Settings > Application > Editing > Auto-Crossfade by Default, which has never worked for me as described in the manual, so I always leave that checkbox unchecked. I seem to recall that Johan posted recently asking whether anyone uses it, which suggests that the folks at Merging are considering scrapping that particular Setting choice.
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6

Paulo M

Postby Paulo M » Tue May 19, 2015 14:14

That would be Settings > Application > Editing > Auto-Crossfade by Default

Correct, now I remember :) Thanks Frank
Best regards,

Paulo M

Pyramix 7.1 Masscore
VCube XE 3.1
MB5 Dual & X50 MADI
Win XP SP3
Intel Q9600/Gigabyte X48 DS5 Motherboard/ASUS 4350 Graphic card

Arnoud

Postby Arnoud » Tue May 19, 2015 18:56

Hi,

After my dealer contacted Merging it turned out to be a wrong setting after all. As Frank and Paulo suggested unchecking auto crossfade by default did the trick. Lock horzizontal drag works now and I can drag the clips to other empty tracks.

I will do some tests over the next days to find out if my other issues have disappeard now.

I appreciate your reactions and help.

Best regards,

Arnoud