Ozone 6 slow processing

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Perfect Record

Ozone 6 slow processing

Postby Perfect Record » Tue Mar 31, 2015 23:57

I'm running a demo of Ozone 6 Advanced. Even though it works just fine while auditioning my project, I noticed that my system is running slower than real time while writing a disc image.

It's taking about 1.4 times real time to create the file. I'm doing minimal processing with Ozone. Just a peak limit (some crazy percussion) and dither.

fl

Re: Ozone 6 slow processing

Postby fl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 19:14

Offline processing/mixdown speed will be determined by your computer's processor speed. I don't have Ozone 6, but with 5, I've found that if I enable the intersample peak detection in the Maximizer, it slows things down considerably, since it is doing the processing at an oversampling rate. It's also possible that the demo of 6 could have something crippling it that is removed when it's replaced with a paid version (a question for Izotope).
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13

Perfect Record

Postby Perfect Record » Wed Apr 01, 2015 21:37

fl wrote:Offline processing/mixdown speed will be determined by your computer's processor speed. ...

I think we all know offline processing is determined by processor speed. But what's quirky is that Ozone works just fine auditioning in real time, I'm wondering why an offline process is much slower than RT. This is the first time I've run into this.

In iZope's demo mode, it's kind of a gamble whether you can run an offline process, since every time the mixer rebuilds Ozone throws a dialog box requiring you to acknowledge you're in demo mode. If you don't catch the dialog quick enough, you can't start the process. In the end, I just captured the mixes in real time and I'll print the CD images from those files.

I'll likely buy Ozone just for the convenience of having Mbit dither. But I'll have to wait and see how fast it's going to run once I've unlocked it.

fl

Postby fl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 01:32

Perfect Record wrote:what's quirky is that Ozone works just fine auditioning in real time, I'm wondering why an offline process is much slower than RT. This is the first time I've run into this.

What a few plugins that I own do, is run in 1x speed when auditioning, and then automatically boosting up to oversampling mode when actually performing the processing. I think that it's likely that Ozone 6 does this, although I do not have that version so cannot test.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13