Create Waves with Pyramix Track

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Vincentdutheil

Create Waves with Pyramix Track

Postby Vincentdutheil » Wed Mar 18, 2015 16:43

Hi all,
I'm a student from Annecy conservatory of music, in France. I have Pyramix, and I received a session of Pyramix Track that i have to work on another software. So i would create waves track or just getting the sounds of the pyramix session.
How can i do?

Thx for your help

fl

Re: Create Waves with Pyramix Track

Postby fl » Wed Mar 18, 2015 16:57

What is the other software, where you want this project to go?
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15

Vincentdutheil

Postby Vincentdutheil » Wed Mar 18, 2015 17:19

This is Sequoïa!

fl

Postby fl » Wed Mar 18, 2015 21:29

Next question: How many Clips per Track? One, or many?

In Pyramix, the word "Track" refers to where the individual audio "Clips" are placed. There can be many Clips on each Track, or there can be only one, as would be the case with a concert recording.

In your project, if there is only one Clip per Track, then it's fairly easy to export your audio material. Go to the Media Manager Tab, select one of your media files, then under the "Convert" menu, choose "Quick Export". You'll be asked first for a destination for the file, and then a pop-up window will appear where you can choose the details as to the file format, sample rate and word length, and whether you want to have interleaved WAV files or one-file-per-track. Sequoia should be able to handle interleaved files.

If you have a project which has more than one clip per track, possibly with gaps of silence between them (as would be the case for something like a film soundtrack with individual sound effects placed at various spots throughout the length of the project), then you need to do something a little more complex if you wish to maintain the relative timing of everything. The first option I'd explore would be to see if your copy of Pyramix has the AAF export function available to you. In the main window's "Project" menu > Export, look for the AAF option. If you own the license for this, you'll be able to create an AAF folder containing all your audio media plus a project file which will look after all the timings. Of course, your copy of Sequoia will also have to be able to import an AAF project, which may also depend on whether or not you have that license.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (3rd Gen. Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 6.0.6136 - Win10 Pro SP1 64 v1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.15