Pasting text into CD/SACD window?

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
joelgordon

Pasting text into CD/SACD window?

Postby joelgordon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 21:53

Hello all,

I'm running Pyramix 9 and can't paste text into any field in the CD/SACD window. It copies just fine, and if I paste it into another program I can see it. But every time I try to paste, it shows up as an empty white text box, and when I click away, whatever value was in there previously returns. All I want to do is copy song titles, performer names, etc from my e-mail into their relevant fields, but I am unable. Has anyone else encountered this problem or do any of you know a fix or a workaround?

Thanks

fl

Re: Pasting text into CD/SACD window?

Postby fl » Sun Feb 01, 2015 18:24

Something's not right somewhere. A good start would be to do a "Repair" install of Pyramix with the installer file, over top of your existing install - just to make sure everything is where it's supposed to be. Be sure to disable your anti-virus before.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13

Graemme

Postby Graemme » Mon Feb 09, 2015 06:09

Try copy/paste from something other than your email, like a very simple text file, just as a test. (I'm wondering about illegal characters...)

gb
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"

Thomas Grubb

Postby Thomas Grubb » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:47

It certainly should work - I copy from Open Office spreadsheets all of the time. Just be careful, as Graemme says, of illegal characters like apostrophes -they'll display properly on the screen, but won't translate to the CD player!

Cheers,
Tom
Thomas Grubb
manomusica.com
Melbourne

joelgordon

Postby joelgordon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 17:19

To be specific , no text copy function works within or between any Pyramix window - CD/sacd, mixdown, render, cd etc. And copying from an external source , like a text file or email, doesn't work either . This has been the case since upgrading to a 64 bit computer and pyramix. The kinds of text I'm copying are the same as I've been using for the past decade

In absence of a better explanation I'm placing the blame on the Koch brothers and Scott Walker. John Boehner is no way bright enough to have done this

I'm grateful for any further thoughts