How to create Hybrid SACD?

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
prg1099

How to create Hybrid SACD?

Postby prg1099 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:20

Hi,
I am new to SACD authoring. After reading manual and try and error, I've managed to send SACD UCMF with CD DDP to the factory. This is their reply:

""Hi Mr.

Our Japan mastering engineer checked both masters (HD layer), and found that

content of HD layer is single spec (SCS), not Hybrid (SCH).""

So, I went through the process again. But can't find anywhere that I can set the disc to Hybrid disc.

Please tell me where is the Hybrid setting function? Or, how to correctly prepare a Hybrid Disc?

Many many Thanks

Julius Wang

Graemme

Re: How to create Hybrid SACD?

Postby Graemme » Thu Jan 29, 2015 01:44

Hybrid SACD Select.png
Hybrid SACD Disc Selection in Pyramix
Hybrid SACD Select.png (53.33 KiB) Viewed 2175 times
Here's a picture (attached) of the location of the 'Hybrid' SACD Disc selection field.

It's strange for you to have this problem, as 'Hybrid' is the default. The most common mistake is to forget to change the channel layout to 5.0 from the default of 5.1...so if that applies to you, check the channel layout ,too.
Graemme Brown
Zen Mastering
1460 Wild Rose Drive
Gabriola Island, BC
Canada V0R 1X5
+1.604.874.9096

"A Horus, A Horus; My Kingdom for a Horus!"