Crossfade Editor bug

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Stephen Rinker

Crossfade Editor bug

Postby Stephen Rinker » Tue Jan 06, 2015 13:11

Hi

Having used Pyramix for many years I am now consistently experiencing very strange behaviour when evoking the cross fade editor, specifically when adjusting the fade in at the start of a clip or series of joined clips. in the past what I have seen is purely the front of that clip and its associated fade in. Now I am also getting the end of the previous clip as well even though there is a large gap in between them. in its default mode the fade editor also trims the end of the previous clip as well its like a crossfade with a massive gap in the middle. I cant see I am doing anything wrong,only the start of the clip in question is highlighted when the crossfade editor is evoked, these clips are not grouped in any way.I am mystified? are you?

Thanks and NNY

Stephen

Stephen Rinker

Re: Crossfade Editor bug

Postby Stephen Rinker » Tue Jan 06, 2015 13:34

Very strange. I am working in source/destination mode and if i attempted to trim as detailed above in the lower source panes with same material the editor behaves exactly as I would expect. doing the same operation in the upper destination panes gives the detailed erratic behaviour. Weird, I stress only the front a clip is highlighted.

RickTarrant

Postby RickTarrant » Wed Jan 07, 2015 07:12

I can only chime in to say that I've had the same annoying bug. It seems less than useful to have a huge gap between edits.

BTW I am not working in S/D mode
--
Rick Tarrant
--
Windows 10 Pro 64
Pyramix 11.0.6 [native]
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU i7 6700K
RAM 32GB DDR4
GPU AMD Radeon R5 220

Stephen Rinker

Postby Stephen Rinker » Wed Jan 07, 2015 14:07

Hi Rick

Glad I'm not going mad. Ill also add its a positive hazard when the crossfade editor proceeds to trim the last out fade as though it was a related crossfade. How do we pass this onto merging? do they view this forum???

ATB

Stehen

fl

Postby fl » Wed Jan 07, 2015 15:58

Stephen Rinker wrote:Glad I'm not going mad. Ill also add its a positive hazard when the crossfade editor proceeds to trim the last out fade as though it was a related crossfade. How do we pass this onto merging? do they view this forum???

Occasionally. Specific concerns should be sent to support@merging.com directly.

Rick Tarrent and I have encountered a different problem with the editor as detailed in this thread - http://forum.merging.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11094 - in the Native forum. I'm thinking that an email to Merging is due.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64
Bootcamp 5.1.5621
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.125

Stephen Rinker

Postby Stephen Rinker » Wed Jan 07, 2015 21:01

Yes I did that also Frank and got to the bottom of this in the process.

This is a deliberate change implemented my merging in response from requests from some other pyramix users! However it has been so unpopular with the majority that it will be reversed, possibly implemented as a preference in an new update. ASAP.

What I didn't glean is far you need to go back to get the old style Crossfade editor.

Well at least I know now.

Stephen

klaukholm

Postby klaukholm » Wed Jun 03, 2015 18:20

Stephen Rinker wrote:Hi Rick

Glad I'm not going mad. Ill also add its a positive hazard when the crossfade editor proceeds to trim the last out fade as though it was a related crossfade. How do we pass this onto merging? do they view this forum???

ATB

Stehen

Read the top of this page - there is a very clear message in pink saying the following:
"Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the bug reporting form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS! "

fl

Postby fl » Wed Jun 03, 2015 20:46

I just got bitten by this bug once again - a five track recording, mono voice, stereo piano, stereo room - corrected vocal pitch in Meolodyne, dropped it back into Pyramix and found that I couldn't shift the clip in time once I was in the Fade Editor. I found a workaround eventually...

Yes, I'll report this to headquarters.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
Native 11.1.5
Win7 Pro SP1 64
Bootcamp 5.1.5621
Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7)
RME Fireface 800, driver version 3.125

Arnoud

Postby Arnoud » Tue Jul 07, 2015 23:10

Hi,

Today I was working on a SD editing project and experienced the bug as you described.
I've recorded several songs in a SD editing project. After editing the songs, I got the endresult on the destination track.

Some of the songs were 'one takers' so only one clip for the whole song. Other songs were compiled from multiple takes and thus multiple clips with crossfades bewtween them.

When I was working on a fade in to smooth the beginning of a song, I noticed that also the end of the previous clip was altered, although the two clips where two complete different songs and were several minutes apart from each other in the timeline. Only the clip I was working on was highlighted. Normally I work in the fade editor and use the arrow keys to jump to the next fade. I expect a fade that has been edited already does not change, when I work on the next fade, unless It's a crossfade of course.

I have never seen this behaviour before in PMX 7 that I have been using till recently. I am now working native with 9.1.

Best regards Arnoud
Pmx v10 Hapi Macbook pro windows 7

Arnoud

Postby Arnoud » Tue Sep 22, 2015 08:29

Update on this bug:

I've spoken with Johan Wadsten (product manager Merging) at the IBC in Amsterdam. This bug will be solved in PMX version 10.

Best regards Arnoud
Pmx v10 Hapi Macbook pro windows 7