ProTools->Pyramix

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Silas

ProTools->Pyramix

Postby Silas » Wed Aug 21, 2002 02:28

Hi Everyone,

I have a drive that has ProTools files on it that I will be editing. I can get the media to mount but the stereo files are split into two files one for left and the other for right ( I understand this is how its done in the PT world). Do I use Multifile fixer to make single stereo files out of them? If so has anyone had problems when reading / converting from a Mac drive like this (I have the drive communicating perfectly through MacDrive soft.) Does MultiFile Fixer just change the names for create new files? If it changes the names are they still recognizeable to PT when I'm done?

Much Thanks,

Silas

Silas

Postby Silas » Mon Aug 26, 2002 17:08

Hi Everyone,

FYI my problem has been resolved with much thanks to Dom at Merging. He modified the MultiFile Fixer program to account for the unusual file naming sceme the engineer on this project used and it worked perfectly. There were no issues with reading from a Mac drive (with Mediafour MacDrive software installed). PMX edited the SD2 files with ease. I have yet to see if ProTools will still read the new file names but this is not an issue for this project as it will be finished entirely within PMX. Bravo Merging-Pyramix is amazing.

Regards,
Silas