Media Management

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Stephen Rinker

Media Management

Postby Stephen Rinker » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:05

Hi

In the days when I used Sequoia in earnest there was a great function that warned periodically when saving a project that there was media being used outside the default drive. It then offered a dialogue to copy those files to the home directory and re reference them in the edl, clever. Of course in large multitrack edits it might be a complete nuisance but it saved a lot of confusion when re edits came some time after the original collating the material together . Is there a simple way of doing this on Pyramix? I notice in media Management "select media NOT present on current media folder" but this just displays other mounted media drives and files, NOT those actually referenced in the EDL.

Thanks as always to those Pyramix gurus!

BTW
There's much I like about Sequoia but I wouldn't advocate it over Pyramix.

Stephen

fl

Re: Media Management

Postby fl » Tue Nov 04, 2014 15:37

You can Main Menu > Project > Archive a project, which will collect all the media from wherever it may be, and consolidate it all in a single folder along with a copy of the project file. You have the option to include the complete source media, or just the used portions with "handles" of user specified length. See the manual, page 414.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native 11.1.6
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13

Stephen Rinker

Re: Media Management

Postby Stephen Rinker » Wed Nov 05, 2014 14:26

Frank

As ever your a star. I thought there would be a way.

Thanks

Stephen