Corrupted files

Welcome to the Pyramix MassCore discussion forum.
Forum rules
The Merging Technologies team cannot be held responsible for support queries logged on the public forums. If a support query is logged here and only here, it may not be found and dealt with by the appropriate team.
To ensure that your support issue or bug report is dealt with properly and in good time, please use the link to the tech support request form page on the Merging website.
Make sure to let us know what version you are using when you send your mail. THANKS!
Studio l'Esplanade

Corrupted files

Postby Studio l'Esplanade » Thu Oct 16, 2014 16:31

Hi
Is there a software to repair corrupted files?

Pyramix doesn't 'see' some files recorded in a previous version. My actual version is 6,2,4 ; on Windows XP masscore or Windows 7 native -- both give the same problem; I have tried all the tricks (refresh, delete the quick mount) and the files don't want to appear in the media window. Files look normal pmf. These files were recorded at the end of a session.

Thank you for your help

Johanne Goyette, Studio l'esplanade (ATMA Classique)

fl

Re: Corrupted files

Postby fl » Thu Oct 16, 2014 21:25

Hi Johanne,

It sounds like these takes were not saved properly, which can happen sometimes if the program crashes, or you have a power failure.

If I'm not mistaken, files created with Pyramix 6.2.4 require "Media Recoverer 2.0" (version 3.0 is for Pyramix 7.1 and later). I can send you the file, but just to be on the safe side, contact support@merging.com to make sure you get the correct version for your Pyramix.

You will need to know:
• the file type (PMF, SDII or Wave)
• the Sampling Rate (96000, 48000, 44100, ...)
• the Word Length (16 bit, 24 bits, 32 bits)
• the Number of Tracks
• whether it was recorded with Waveform WHILE recording (most probably)
• the Record Block size (default is 64 KB so if you have not changed this, leave the BlockSize box at 65536)
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13

Studio l'Esplanade

Postby Studio l'Esplanade » Fri Oct 17, 2014 22:20

Thank you Frank

I ran the repair utility but the new files are 0 KB (original have obviously some data). No other trick other than re record that part of the session?

Johanne G

fl

Postby fl » Fri Oct 17, 2014 23:29

Perplexing.

Before giving up all hope, contact me directly, and maybe get me one of the files (via Dropbox or something similar), and I'll have a look here.

I'll need to know all the details about the original session that I mentioned before, particularly:
• how the Block Record Size was configured in the Pyramix Settings > Application > Playback/Record page
• the sample-rate,
• the word length
• the number of channels contained in the file
• whether the files were recorded with the waveform display being generated WHILE recording, or AFTER (Settings > Application > Playback/Record)
• which version of Pyramix was used for the recording

I have both versions of the Repair utility, so I can play around with some of the parameters - who knows, we might get lucky.

Otherwise, yes, it may be time to schedule another recording session.
Frank Lockwood, Toronto, ON, Canada
http://LockwoodARS.com
• Pyramix Native
• Mac Mini 6.2 (Quadcore i7) - Bootcamp 5.1.5621 - Win7 Pro SP1 64
• HP 7100 Mini-tower - Win10 Pro 64 1809
• RME Fireface 800 ASIO driver 3.125 or ASIO4All 2.13